THE RAID 2: BERANDAL Starts Shooting And Here Are The Pics To Prove It!!
The Kidd here...
THE RAID handily made it onto my year-end Top 10 list of 2012, ranking in at #4 as it delivered one of the best pure action films I've seen in years. And yet strangely enough, there seems to be this contingent that has turned against it upon seeing DREDD, choosing Karl Urban's take on the comic book character over Gareth Evans' film, because of the similarities they share, as if it's only possible to like one. I get it if you have your own personal preference, but they are both fantastic movies... We should be reaping the benefits of having two awesome action movies at our disposal, not pitting them against each other for no real reason whatsoever.
Oh well... haters gonna hate... and those people are going to miss out on Evan's follow-up THE RAID 2: BERANDAL, which went into production yesterday. The sequel picks up right where the first film left off, following Rama (Iko Uwais) "as he goes undercover and infiltrates the ranks of a ruthless Jakarta crime syndicate in order to protect his family and uncover the corruption in his own police force." Sounds like a busy day for one guy who just went through shit in getting out of that building, but okay... I'll buy it. I'm sure there will be no shortage of ass-kicking going on as one man tries to take down the syndicate. It's going to be ridiculous, but isn't that part of the fun of these types of flicks?
In any event, Twitch has a bunch of pics to prove that indeed THE RAID 2 is happening, so, while they don't show any physical throwdowns yet (Could still images really do that justice anyway?), it's at least a nice reminder that more solid action films are on the horizon.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 157 total posts 74 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 94 total posts 52 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 198 total posts 34 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 328 total posts 33 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 91 total posts 30 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 38 total posts 27 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 87 total posts 26 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 71 total posts 22 posts