Jim Carrey To Knock Over A Bank For Jared Hess In LOOMIS FARGO!
Relativity Media has announced that Jim Carrey will star in the heist comedy LOOMIS FARGO for director Jared Hess. The film is based on the amusing "hillbilly heist" of a Charlotte, North Carolina bank in 1997, which ended in lengthy jail sentences for all of the involved parties. On the surface, it looks like the familiar tale of a bunch of rubes ineptly trying to pull off the perfect crime, but if you read up on the story, you'll find there's a pathetic, unrequited romance at its core. As far as I'm concerned, you can't do much better than Carrey as the sad-sack armored car driver who gets strung along by the girl of his dreams.
There's no word on how closely screenwriters Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer will follow the real-life story, but I trust Hess to go for something somewhat unconventional here. Mostly, I'm excited to see Carrey play a desperate, slightly unhinged dreamer. He's at his best in character-driven films like this.
Here's the plot summary from the press release:
Inspired by true events, LOOMIS FARGO tells the story of a disgruntled bank employee who is ready to take a chance and risk it all for love, money, and a life he’s only dreamed of. Teaming up with his work crush, they conspire to rob the financial institution. Together with their accomplices, the inexperienced criminals nab nearly $20 million – leaving a trail of evidence in their wake. Now the only thing tougher than pulling off the heist – will be getting away with it.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 381 total posts 205 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 177 total posts 111 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 776 total posts 104 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 137 total posts 93 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Be In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 203 total posts 53 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts