Our First Look At Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END Shows Off Boozing Brits And A Disheveled Simon Pegg!
One of my most anticipated films of 2013 is Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END, a cataclysmic comedy about five old chums reuniting for a grueling London pub crawl that concludes at the titular establishment. As they stumble their way through the twelve-bar journey, some sort of apocalyptic event begins to go down around them, and it appears that the fate of the world rests on their livers.
I'm trying very hard to stay unspoiled on this film, but there's nothing terribly revealing in these first two stills published by Empire. Basically, we see our merry band of boozers (from l. to r. below: Martin Freeman, Paddy Considine, Pegg, Nick Frost and Eddie Marsan) doing what they used to do best, and a fog-enshrouded Pegg casting a disconcerting gaze upward. Pegg tells Empire that THE WORLD'S END is a "much bigger proposition" than SHAUN OF THE DEAD or HOT FUZZ. He also says that each of the twelve bars has a very distinct personality. If Wright makes it through the entire run time without throwing one AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON reference at us, the boy is slacking. Ditto QUATERMASS AND THE PIT. And SOUNDER.
Bottoms up, fellas. THE WORLD'S END opens in England on August 14, 2013. We don't get to see it in the U.S. until October 25th. Boo-urns.
Hey look! It's another picture!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 183 total posts 183 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 259 total posts 158 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 268 total posts 130 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 120 total posts 120 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 163 total posts 72 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 116 total posts 60 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 68 total posts 40 posts