Kenneth Branagh May Wear The Directorial Glass Slipper For Disney's Live-Action CINDERELLA!!
The Kidd here...
Things have been quiet over at The Mouse as far as their live-action CINDERELLA project is concerned since director Mark Romanek left them in the cold a few weeks back, departing the film after Disney wanted to lighten the tone of the movie from his darker vision. But just in the nick of time, Disney may have found the right fit for their directorial glass slipper, as Vulture reports that Kenneth Branagh is in talks with the studio to helm the film, potentially keeping it on schedule to go into production later this fall.
I'd be quite interested to see what this picture might look like now with Branagh aboard, although the prospect of a darker CINDERELLA was intriguing. He has shown the ability to handle both the light-hearted material as well as that with more Shakespearean element, which is why I love what he was able to do with THOR. I wonder if he'll be able to weave some of that family strife into what Disney has in mind for CINDERELLA, because the relationship Cinderella, her stepmother and those evil stepsisters certainly lends itself to a deeper approach examining their feelings towards her more than what we've seen on the surface over the years.
Cate Blanchett looks to be staying on as the wicked stepmother, but Disney and Branagh still have their work cut out for them in landing their Cinderella, a role that has remained open throughout the whole development process.
Who do you like for Cinderella now that Branagh's involved?
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 577 total posts 11 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 229 total posts 9 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 254 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 3 total posts 3 posts