Guillermo del Toro's stop-motion Pinocchio movie looks to be shelved...
Grimly was the illustrator whose work was setting the tone for this new interpretation of the classic fairy tale and he took to Twitter to say that the film wasn't happening, citing Frankenweenie's disappointing box office.
If true, that's a major bummer. I know these dark fairy tales are Guillermo's passion, so he's gotta be a bit disappointed, however he's got a lot on his plate right now, so at least he can distract himself by looking at all his Kaiju and giant robots and stuff.
One not so terrible tidbit from Grimly: he's apparently working with a studio on another one of his titles: Little Jordan Ray's Muddy Spud. So there's that, at least...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 251 total posts 75 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 81 total posts 37 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 182 total posts 32 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 97 total posts 31 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 62 total posts 13 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 685 total posts 13 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 49 total posts 7 posts
- Body, Pad, Ride, Family, Church, Boys, Girls, And Porn In This Trailer For Joseph Gordon-Levitt's DON JON!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts