X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST will be set in the '70s!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with the latest on the development of Bryan Singer's merging of the two X-worlds - X-Men: Days of Future Past. A tidbit that appeared on ComicBookMovie.com says the likely setting of the new film will be the 1970s... at least that's where it'll start.
The First Class cast will inhabit that '70s (1973 to be exact) and then, of course, they'll be somehow thrust into the future and if that future follows the comics at all we'll be seeing the X 1-3 cast in a hellish Sentinel-filled apocolypse.
That gap gives Bryan Singer some breathing room with the continuity and characters established in Matthew Vaughn's film and erases the possibility of them using Magneto to explain the JFK magic bullet theory. Good. I want future war with giant robots and time travel stuff.
Before I go, I want to totally point out that I called this in January of last year. I don't have a lot of moments, but when I do I milk them for all they're worth!
If you're not excited about the prospect of that then you're a lost cause. Look at this awesome re-interpretation of the classic Uncanny X-Men 141 cover. If the 1-sheet doesn't end up looking damn close to this I'll burn Hollywood down (no, I won't, don't come after me, Feds).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 145 total posts 145 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 180 total posts 97 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 103 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 341 total posts 46 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 49 total posts 38 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 201 total posts 37 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 97 total posts 36 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 81 total posts 32 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 92 total posts 31 posts