This A Good Day To Die Hard featurette continues the lackluster promotion of the film. "We are making 21st Century Die Hard now." Sigh...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a 4 minute long featurette on the new Die Hard flick. It's essentially a gathering of EPK interviews with people who really don't want to be there, like the sleepy Bruce Willis.
There's some new footage and clarification of the plot throughout, but this is yet another piece of publicity material that gives me a bad feeling about the movie. The whole point of this clip is to tell us it's super big with a lot of big set pieces and holy shit look at that massive fucking helicopter! They forgot that Die Hard isn't about the big action, it's about the regular guy in the middle of it.
Watch the clip:
I will say the one thing that intrigues me has nothing to do with the movie itself, but a throwaway quote from Willis when he says that John McClane is drawn to trouble. That put an interesting scenario into my mind... this guy who has been through some huge shit and has always come out on top... What if that John McClane was the guy from the first three films, but he thinks he's the guy in these recent two? Get what I'm saying? If he sees himself as this new John McClane, the superhero version of himself that jumps off of jets and doesn't get a scratch, but in reality he's the same tough, smart, but vulnerable from the first batch of movies and when he walks into a bad situation he's immediately beaten down and it looks like he ain't gonna make it out of this one.
If he's forced to be careful and go back to being the hit and run ninja in the shadows versus stomping into a room with an automatic weapon tearing everybody to shreds Rambo-style that'd be the Die Hard movie I'd want to see. I don't know about you guys, but I miss the old John McClane.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 79 total posts 19 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 82 total posts 16 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 428 total posts 10 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 69 total posts 10 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 119 total posts 6 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 47 total posts 6 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 41 total posts 5 posts
- The Friday Docback Revisits DOCTOR WHO Season 7!! A Fuller Review Of 'The Name of the Doctor,' And More!! -- 79 total posts 4 posts