This A Good Day To Die Hard featurette continues the lackluster promotion of the film. "We are making 21st Century Die Hard now." Sigh...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a 4 minute long featurette on the new Die Hard flick. It's essentially a gathering of EPK interviews with people who really don't want to be there, like the sleepy Bruce Willis.
There's some new footage and clarification of the plot throughout, but this is yet another piece of publicity material that gives me a bad feeling about the movie. The whole point of this clip is to tell us it's super big with a lot of big set pieces and holy shit look at that massive fucking helicopter! They forgot that Die Hard isn't about the big action, it's about the regular guy in the middle of it.
Watch the clip:
I will say the one thing that intrigues me has nothing to do with the movie itself, but a throwaway quote from Willis when he says that John McClane is drawn to trouble. That put an interesting scenario into my mind... this guy who has been through some huge shit and has always come out on top... What if that John McClane was the guy from the first three films, but he thinks he's the guy in these recent two? Get what I'm saying? If he sees himself as this new John McClane, the superhero version of himself that jumps off of jets and doesn't get a scratch, but in reality he's the same tough, smart, but vulnerable from the first batch of movies and when he walks into a bad situation he's immediately beaten down and it looks like he ain't gonna make it out of this one.
If he's forced to be careful and go back to being the hit and run ninja in the shadows versus stomping into a room with an automatic weapon tearing everybody to shreds Rambo-style that'd be the Die Hard movie I'd want to see. I don't know about you guys, but I miss the old John McClane.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 353 total posts 225 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 180 total posts 180 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 137 total posts 137 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 314 total posts 103 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 583 total posts 61 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 69 total posts 55 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 49 total posts 36 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 32 total posts 32 posts