This A Good Day To Die Hard featurette continues the lackluster promotion of the film. "We are making 21st Century Die Hard now." Sigh...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a 4 minute long featurette on the new Die Hard flick. It's essentially a gathering of EPK interviews with people who really don't want to be there, like the sleepy Bruce Willis.
There's some new footage and clarification of the plot throughout, but this is yet another piece of publicity material that gives me a bad feeling about the movie. The whole point of this clip is to tell us it's super big with a lot of big set pieces and holy shit look at that massive fucking helicopter! They forgot that Die Hard isn't about the big action, it's about the regular guy in the middle of it.
Watch the clip:
I will say the one thing that intrigues me has nothing to do with the movie itself, but a throwaway quote from Willis when he says that John McClane is drawn to trouble. That put an interesting scenario into my mind... this guy who has been through some huge shit and has always come out on top... What if that John McClane was the guy from the first three films, but he thinks he's the guy in these recent two? Get what I'm saying? If he sees himself as this new John McClane, the superhero version of himself that jumps off of jets and doesn't get a scratch, but in reality he's the same tough, smart, but vulnerable from the first batch of movies and when he walks into a bad situation he's immediately beaten down and it looks like he ain't gonna make it out of this one.
If he's forced to be careful and go back to being the hit and run ninja in the shadows versus stomping into a room with an automatic weapon tearing everybody to shreds Rambo-style that'd be the Die Hard movie I'd want to see. I don't know about you guys, but I miss the old John McClane.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 531 total posts 117 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- Loki vs. King Kong in SKULL ISLAND! -- 336 total posts 60 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 130 total posts 28 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 226 total posts 24 posts
- 12 TIFF reviews from 'garbageman33' covers everything from Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER to Baumbach's WHILE WE'RE YOUNG! -- 25 total posts 23 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 185 total posts 21 posts
- Meryl Streep Bewitches the First INTO THE WOODS Poster! -- 68 total posts 17 posts
- AICN COMICS Reviews: Grant Morrison’s ANNIHILATOR! HAWKEYE! DUNGEONS & DRAGONS! SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! TOM CLANCY’S SPLINTER CELL! & More! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 153 total posts 13 posts