This A Good Day To Die Hard featurette continues the lackluster promotion of the film. "We are making 21st Century Die Hard now." Sigh...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a 4 minute long featurette on the new Die Hard flick. It's essentially a gathering of EPK interviews with people who really don't want to be there, like the sleepy Bruce Willis.
There's some new footage and clarification of the plot throughout, but this is yet another piece of publicity material that gives me a bad feeling about the movie. The whole point of this clip is to tell us it's super big with a lot of big set pieces and holy shit look at that massive fucking helicopter! They forgot that Die Hard isn't about the big action, it's about the regular guy in the middle of it.
Watch the clip:
I will say the one thing that intrigues me has nothing to do with the movie itself, but a throwaway quote from Willis when he says that John McClane is drawn to trouble. That put an interesting scenario into my mind... this guy who has been through some huge shit and has always come out on top... What if that John McClane was the guy from the first three films, but he thinks he's the guy in these recent two? Get what I'm saying? If he sees himself as this new John McClane, the superhero version of himself that jumps off of jets and doesn't get a scratch, but in reality he's the same tough, smart, but vulnerable from the first batch of movies and when he walks into a bad situation he's immediately beaten down and it looks like he ain't gonna make it out of this one.
If he's forced to be careful and go back to being the hit and run ninja in the shadows versus stomping into a room with an automatic weapon tearing everybody to shreds Rambo-style that'd be the Die Hard movie I'd want to see. I don't know about you guys, but I miss the old John McClane.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 197 total posts 4 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 49 total posts 3 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 150 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 237 total posts 2 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 97 total posts 2 posts
- Jason Momoa to potentially play Doomsday in the upcoming BATMAN/SUPERMAN film!?!? -- 565 total posts 2 posts