Period crime flick Child 44 nabs a dude in a mask and a lady with a dragon tattoo!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. THR is reporting that Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace are in talks to join up for CHILD 44, a 1950's Soviet Russia set crime thriller about a policeman investigating a series of child murders who falls under suspicion himself.
Hardy would play the lead, Leo Demidov, and Rapace would play his wife. Richard Price is penning the script. He's a frequent The Wire writer as well as the screenwriter of Mad Dog and Glory, Ransom and Sea of Love, so he might know a thing or two about writing a good crime story. Daniel Espinosa (Snabba Cash aka Easy Money) is directing and Ridley Scott is producing.
That's a helluva pedigree for this project. I'm intrigued, intrigued enough to give the trilogy of books this is based on a read. Tom Rob Smith's Child 44 trilogy are highly rated and I'm always so out of the loop with recent fiction, especially crime fiction, that if it wasn't for this movie going into produciton it probably would have escaped my attention alltogether.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 39 total posts 17 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 304 total posts 10 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 129 total posts 9 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 95 total posts 8 posts
2010-2014 -- 31 total posts 4 posts
- Jon Favreau Still Contemplating A Trip To The MAGIC KINGDOM! -- 29 total posts 3 posts
- Meet your new FANTASTIC FOUR!! -- 1651 total posts 2 posts
- Atom Egoyan's West Memphis Three Drama DEVIL'S KNOT Gets A Suitably Dramatic Trailer! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 321 total posts 2 posts
- ‘That Place Can Be Exhausting!!’ Herc Endorses Tonight’s JUSTIFIED 5.9!! -- 1 total post 1 post