The Upcoming MUPPET Sequel Now Has A Name And Some Photos!!
I wasn't knocked out by the Muppet's 2011 return to the big screen. Its energy felt off-base. Kermit didn't feel or sound Kermity...he felt muted...almost imitative. Which is pretty much how I felt about the whole picture. It felt like it was stabbing in the dark and going through the motions...trying to recapture a long-absent sense of heart it didn't fully comprehend.
Nonetheless, it performed well enough to earn a sequel...which is now underway. And today we have a fuller sense of what's in store for us. For example, it's called THE MUPPETS...AGAIN! The title seems problematic, as (in my mind at least) it might be interpreted as a diminutive (i.e. **sigh** - THE MUPPETS, AGAIN?) Yes, that exclamation mark makes a world of difference...but I don't think inviting any sense of franchise fatigue whatsoever is a wise idea for one's title. A title should feel special and unique...not worn. Not like "We're going to McDonald's again" or "I'm running to the grocery store, again." I may not be expressing ym reservations properly...but I think this makes sense?
THIS piece at EW also offers some plot details...
Following their successful return to the pop culture spotlight with 2011’s The Muppets, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, and the rest of the gang are heading back to the big screen. The Muppets…Again!, currently shooting in London and due in theaters March 21, 2014, finds the Muppet repertory company enjoying a triumphant world tour, only to become tangled up with a criminal mastermind named Constantine, who is out to steal an enormous diamond—and who happens to be a dead ringer for Kermit.
..in a story which reveals a tad more via an interview with Kermit.
Meanwhile, the folks over at Empire have a few publicity images from the film. Click either shot to jump to the piece, where you can find slightly EMBIGGENABLE variants.
Ray Liotta, Ricky Gervais , Tina Fey, and Ty Burrell will appear alongside the Muppets - the film will hit screens next March.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 175 total posts 19 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 89 total posts 3 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 44 total posts 2 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 38 total posts 1 post
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 187 total posts 1 post
- Soderbergh’s KNICK Marathon!! TNG Marathon!! ALMIGHTY JOHNSONS, AIRPLANE REPO, COWBOY CHEERLEADERS, ILLUSION & SMACKDOWN!! Kathy Griffin On KIMMEL!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 1 post
- Steve Carell Gives America Hope in the New Trailer for FOXCATCHER! -- 19 total posts 1 post
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 27 total posts 1 post
- New Poster for OPEN WINDOWS! -- 108 total posts 1 post
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 283 total posts 1 post