Hug It Out, *q*****!! Jeremy Piven To Reanimate Ari Gold For Warner Bros.’ ENTOURAGE: THE MOTION PICTURE!!
Warner Bros. is bringing back Drama, Turtle, E, Vince and Ari for the big screen.
The studio has given “Entourage” mastermind Doug Ellin the green light to write and direct a big screen feature about movie star Vincent Chase, his agent, his manager, his TV star brother and the fat guy who leeches off him.
The TV version of "Entourage" reached its apex perhaps when it cast Rainn Wilson as online journalist R.J. Spencer, a thinly disguised version of Harry Knowles who threatened to destroy the prospects of James Cameron’s “Aquaman” (starring Chase) as handily as Harry’s Ain’t It Cool destroyed the prospects of Joel Schumacher’s “Batman & Robin.”
During its run on HBO from July 2004 to September 2011, "Entourage" was always the Los Angeles male-fantasy counterpart to HBO’s New York female-fantasy “Sex in the City” -- and the first “Sex” movie spilled a ton of cash into the Time Warner vaults.
When we last left Vince’s agent Ari Gold, he had quit running his powerful talent agency to spend more time with his wife – at least until he took a phone call offering the chance to run a movie studio. We never saw Ari's answer.
How long after the events of the TV series does this take place? No one can say, but I hope the all these Sunday-night characters ended up in more interesting places than where we left them.
Watch the video I posted above and tell me you're not looking forward to this.
Find Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 155 total posts 55 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 162 total posts 25 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 110 total posts 19 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 75 total posts 19 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 420 total posts 9 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 34 total posts 6 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Timur Bekmambetov Finds His Ben-Hur For, Well, BEN-HUR!! -- 294 total posts 4 posts