Hug It Out, *q*****!! Jeremy Piven To Reanimate Ari Gold For Warner Bros.’ ENTOURAGE: THE MOTION PICTURE!!
Warner Bros. is bringing back Drama, Turtle, E, Vince and Ari for the big screen.
The studio has given “Entourage” mastermind Doug Ellin the green light to write and direct a big screen feature about movie star Vincent Chase, his agent, his manager, his TV star brother and the fat guy who leeches off him.
The TV version of "Entourage" reached its apex perhaps when it cast Rainn Wilson as online journalist R.J. Spencer, a thinly disguised version of Harry Knowles who threatened to destroy the prospects of James Cameron’s “Aquaman” (starring Chase) as handily as Harry’s Ain’t It Cool destroyed the prospects of Joel Schumacher’s “Batman & Robin.”
During its run on HBO from July 2004 to September 2011, "Entourage" was always the Los Angeles male-fantasy counterpart to HBO’s New York female-fantasy “Sex in the City” -- and the first “Sex” movie spilled a ton of cash into the Time Warner vaults.
When we last left Vince’s agent Ari Gold, he had quit running his powerful talent agency to spend more time with his wife – at least until he took a phone call offering the chance to run a movie studio. We never saw Ari's answer.
How long after the events of the TV series does this take place? No one can say, but I hope the all these Sunday-night characters ended up in more interesting places than where we left them.
Watch the video I posted above and tell me you're not looking forward to this.
Find Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 232 total posts 232 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 355 total posts 128 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 115 total posts 115 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 284 total posts 100 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 116 total posts 63 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 29 total posts 29 posts