Hug It Out, *q*****!! Jeremy Piven To Reanimate Ari Gold For Warner Bros.’ ENTOURAGE: THE MOTION PICTURE!!
Warner Bros. is bringing back Drama, Turtle, E, Vince and Ari for the big screen.
The studio has given “Entourage” mastermind Doug Ellin the green light to write and direct a big screen feature about movie star Vincent Chase, his agent, his manager, his TV star brother and the fat guy who leeches off him.
The TV version of "Entourage" reached its apex perhaps when it cast Rainn Wilson as online journalist R.J. Spencer, a thinly disguised version of Harry Knowles who threatened to destroy the prospects of James Cameron’s “Aquaman” (starring Chase) as handily as Harry’s Ain’t It Cool destroyed the prospects of Joel Schumacher’s “Batman & Robin.”
During its run on HBO from July 2004 to September 2011, "Entourage" was always the Los Angeles male-fantasy counterpart to HBO’s New York female-fantasy “Sex in the City” -- and the first “Sex” movie spilled a ton of cash into the Time Warner vaults.
When we last left Vince’s agent Ari Gold, he had quit running his powerful talent agency to spend more time with his wife – at least until he took a phone call offering the chance to run a movie studio. We never saw Ari's answer.
How long after the events of the TV series does this take place? No one can say, but I hope the all these Sunday-night characters ended up in more interesting places than where we left them.
Watch the video I posted above and tell me you're not looking forward to this.
Find Deadline’s exclusive on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 262 total posts 16 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 582 total posts 16 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 232 total posts 12 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 196 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 119 total posts 4 posts