ABC Greenlights Pilot Based On Disneyland’s BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN Theme Park Ride!!
The theme park that gave us big screen fare like “The Country Bears” and “Pirates of the Caribbean” is now inspiring a potential small-screen brand.
ABC has just taken to pilot “Big Thunder Mountain,” based on the Frontierland indoor/outdoor mine-train roller coaster launched in 1979 at Disneyland, the franchised out to Disney parks in Florida, France and Japan.
ABC's premise reminds me a tiny bit of “Deadwood”:
When a brilliant, late 19th century New York doctor and his family are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon, they quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems.
Former child actor Jason Fuchs (“Flipper,” “The Hebrew Hammer”), one of three people credited with writing last year’s “Ice Age: Continental Drift,” is penning the pilot.
Find EW’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 130 total posts 130 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 163 total posts 80 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 98 total posts 56 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 332 total posts 37 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 200 total posts 36 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 95 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 41 total posts 30 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 88 total posts 27 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 73 total posts 24 posts