ABC Greenlights Pilot Based On Disneyland’s BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN Theme Park Ride!!
The theme park that gave us big screen fare like “The Country Bears” and “Pirates of the Caribbean” is now inspiring a potential small-screen brand.
ABC has just taken to pilot “Big Thunder Mountain,” based on the Frontierland indoor/outdoor mine-train roller coaster launched in 1979 at Disneyland, the franchised out to Disney parks in Florida, France and Japan.
ABC's premise reminds me a tiny bit of “Deadwood”:
When a brilliant, late 19th century New York doctor and his family are given a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to relocate to a frontier mining town run by a powerful, but mysterious tycoon, they quickly realize that not everything in Big Thunder is as it seems.
Former child actor Jason Fuchs (“Flipper,” “The Hebrew Hammer”), one of three people credited with writing last year’s “Ice Age: Continental Drift,” is penning the pilot.
Find EW’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 105 total posts 73 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 404 total posts 64 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 31 total posts 31 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 177 total posts 29 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 33 total posts 20 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 39 total posts 18 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 92 total posts 16 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 21 total posts 15 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 102 total posts 9 posts