UPDATED: This Iron Man 3 armor looks really clunky and shitty... oh, wait... That's from the RoboCop reboot? Nevermind...
UPDATE: Sources tell me that image is not full armor RoboCop, but rather a drone that guess who has to fight at some point in the movie. Apparently Robo himself is happy to be Tron: Legacy and The Dark Knight's lovechild and his foes will be the Iron Man reject pictured in the article.
Original post below.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. If I hadn't spoken to multiple people who have read the script for the RoboCop remake being helmed by Jose Padilha I wouldn't be so cynical about this reboot, but I've had the entire thing run down for me by pissed off script readers and it sounds incredibly misguided.
The concept of RoboCop being able to morph his armor from "social mode" to "armor mode" isn't a bad one, I guess, but it takes away a certain amount of Alex Murphy's struggle to regain his humanity if he can look mostly human whenever he wants.
Iron Man was able to distinguish his look from RoboCop, but they don't seem to as successful separating themselves from Iron Man in the reboot. At least they kept the OCP logo mostly the same.
That said, how this thing moves will be the real test. I'm just nervous after hearing the bits I've heard about the script and I don't want to see this remade anyway, so grumpy old man shakes fist fart-sound poop naptime to you RoboCop reboot!
Latino-Review snagged the image.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 213 total posts 80 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 82 total posts 75 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 281 total posts 43 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 83 total posts 39 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 389 total posts 38 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 90 total posts 12 posts
- FX Renews THE STRAIN For Season Two!! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 34 total posts 9 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 39 total posts 5 posts