Sean Penn May Get Taken In By Pierre Morel For PRONE GUNMAN!
Liam Neeson was already a bad ass before Pierre Morel directed him in TAKEN. But it's undeniable that TAKEN really shot Neeson into the stratosphere, doing very good box office worldwide. Now Morel may do the same for Sean Penn, who isn't the first name you think of when you think action star. Morel is in talks to direct Penn, last seen doing DICK TRACY outtakes in GANGSTER SQUAD, according to Hollywood Reporter. PRONE GUNMAN, produced by Silver Pictures, casts Penn as an international spy who is suddenly cut loose by his organization and must flee. Considering Morel's pedigree, I'd bet that we'll see a lot of European settings and Penn taking people down in very quaint back alleys.
I think at this point in the game Penn's a far better director than actor, and he's certainly no slouch as an actor. I imagine he's taking projects like this to put himself on the map again so he can finance his more personal projects, and that's fine by me. I really want to see CRAZY FOR THE STORM - after INTO THE WILD, that particular story sounds right up his alley. Whatever gets him behind the camera again, I'm all for it. Granted, seeing Penn in a Joel Silver-produced actioner is unexpected, to say the least, but I'm certain that he'll bring his usual verisimilitude to the role, and Pierre Morel will make him look suitably kick ass.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 290 total posts 290 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 361 total posts 134 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 290 total posts 106 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 123 total posts 70 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 50 total posts 50 posts