South Korean thriller THE BERLIN FILE gets a trailer!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with a pretty cool looking trailer that just hit the net for a Korean thriller called The Berlin File, directed by Seung-wan Ryoo, the filmmaker behind 2006's The City of Violence.
I'm an easy sell on Korean thrillers. I'm sure the movie will be about a half hour too long, but I'll love every second of it. South Korean filmmaking is still in their dangerous phase. They haven't fallen into a predictable pattern yet. There are trademarks like bleak photography and noir-ish double and triple crosses and crazy violence, but the way their plots unfold is still fresh. At least that goes for the best of the best of the work that comes out of that country.
The trailer feels a little like it's going after the tone of the Hong Kong flick Infernal Affairs (which was adapted by Scorsese into The Departed, as you are all well aware, I'm sure) which is only a good thing.
Check out the trailer below:
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 157 total posts 125 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Speed About In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 260 total posts 48 posts
- A review of Refn and Gosling's ONLY GOD FORGIVES, direct from Cannes!! -- 47 total posts 28 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 197 total posts 22 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 114 total posts 22 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1424 total posts 17 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 444 total posts 16 posts
- Ron Howard's latest trailer sure is a RUSH!!! -- 44 total posts 15 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 200 total posts 15 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 154 total posts 12 posts