Brad Bird's 1952 Gets A Legit Title! Behold TOMORROWLAND!
The publicity folks at Disney have just issued a terse press release stating that Brad Bird's super-secretive 1952 project now has a title. It is called TOMORROWLAND.
This announcement comes a week after Brad Bird opened up the mystery box that inspired the project. I wildly speculated as to the significance of its contents, and, honestly, this title reveal does little to clear anything up. We do know that Tomorrowland was Walt Disney's upbeat vision of the future (said to represent 1986 when it opened in 1955), so perhaps this is a throwback sci-fi flick that postulates an alternative future. If it's in the gee-whiz spirit of THE ROCKETEER, I will be most pleased.
TOMORROWLAND opens for business on December 19, 2014. Bird will direct from a screenplay co-written with Damon Lindelof. The story concept was hatched by Lindelof and Jeff Jensen.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 530 total posts 144 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 316 total posts 138 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 132 total posts 132 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 235 total posts 90 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1504 total posts 61 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 88 total posts 55 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 61 total posts 51 posts