Brad Bird's 1952 Gets A Legit Title! Behold TOMORROWLAND!
The publicity folks at Disney have just issued a terse press release stating that Brad Bird's super-secretive 1952 project now has a title. It is called TOMORROWLAND.
This announcement comes a week after Brad Bird opened up the mystery box that inspired the project. I wildly speculated as to the significance of its contents, and, honestly, this title reveal does little to clear anything up. We do know that Tomorrowland was Walt Disney's upbeat vision of the future (said to represent 1986 when it opened in 1955), so perhaps this is a throwback sci-fi flick that postulates an alternative future. If it's in the gee-whiz spirit of THE ROCKETEER, I will be most pleased.
TOMORROWLAND opens for business on December 19, 2014. Bird will direct from a screenplay co-written with Damon Lindelof. The story concept was hatched by Lindelof and Jeff Jensen.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 468 total posts 148 posts
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 594 total posts 144 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 116 total posts 116 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 758 total posts 93 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- A Nifty Video Tour Of The Warner Bros Museum Commemorates BATMAN’s 75th Anniversary!! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- A New Tease For DOCTOR WHO Season / Series 8!! -- 43 total posts 43 posts
- Our First Katniss-centric Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 172 total posts 30 posts