Brad Bird's 1952 Gets A Legit Title! Behold TOMORROWLAND!
The publicity folks at Disney have just issued a terse press release stating that Brad Bird's super-secretive 1952 project now has a title. It is called TOMORROWLAND.
This announcement comes a week after Brad Bird opened up the mystery box that inspired the project. I wildly speculated as to the significance of its contents, and, honestly, this title reveal does little to clear anything up. We do know that Tomorrowland was Walt Disney's upbeat vision of the future (said to represent 1986 when it opened in 1955), so perhaps this is a throwback sci-fi flick that postulates an alternative future. If it's in the gee-whiz spirit of THE ROCKETEER, I will be most pleased.
TOMORROWLAND opens for business on December 19, 2014. Bird will direct from a screenplay co-written with Damon Lindelof. The story concept was hatched by Lindelof and Jeff Jensen.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 367 total posts 27 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 57 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 162 total posts 14 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 82 total posts 6 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 98 total posts 5 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 272 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 519 total posts 4 posts