Brad Bird's 1952 Gets A Legit Title! Behold TOMORROWLAND!
The publicity folks at Disney have just issued a terse press release stating that Brad Bird's super-secretive 1952 project now has a title. It is called TOMORROWLAND.
This announcement comes a week after Brad Bird opened up the mystery box that inspired the project. I wildly speculated as to the significance of its contents, and, honestly, this title reveal does little to clear anything up. We do know that Tomorrowland was Walt Disney's upbeat vision of the future (said to represent 1986 when it opened in 1955), so perhaps this is a throwback sci-fi flick that postulates an alternative future. If it's in the gee-whiz spirit of THE ROCKETEER, I will be most pleased.
TOMORROWLAND opens for business on December 19, 2014. Bird will direct from a screenplay co-written with Damon Lindelof. The story concept was hatched by Lindelof and Jeff Jensen.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 320 total posts 255 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 218 total posts 218 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 157 total posts 96 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 446 total posts 90 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 284 total posts 55 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 217 total posts 34 posts