Could Bradley Cooper Get On The Bike For Bad Robot's Lance Armstrong Biopic?
It's still fresh in a lot of people's minds, the whole Lance Armstrong scandal. From a personal standpoint, honestly, I don't give it much thought. It's terrible that he built his charity on a lie, but it's undeniable that LiveStrong did and still does a lot of good for many people suffering from cancer. That's all tainted now because of Armstrong, and I really don't care about the sports aspect of his lies. Besides, in the future we're all going to be robots, so what does it matter?
Yes, I realize that for many of you Armstrong was a hero and that this is truly a tragedy. This is simply my perspective. He should be stripped of his awards, but in the larger scheme of things I really don't understand just how terrible it all is. Perhaps the upcoming film from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot can enlighten me. And according to Entertainment Weekly, Bradley Cooper is very interested in taking the role of Armstrong. According to Abrams, interviewed at the Producer's Guild Awards, they've been talking via email. Considering Cooper's Oscar nomination, I'd imagine he'd be the frontrunner and Bad Robot would be crazy to not consider him. It would be a meaty, complicated role for any actor to play, and although I'm not the biggest fan of SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK, I think Cooper would do quite well in the role. If he doesn't win the Oscar (which seems likely; even Cooper cannot stand in the way of the juggernaut that is Daniel Day-Lewis), this would certainly be an opportunity. More on this as it develops.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 209 total posts 209 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 178 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 198 total posts 114 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 67 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 345 total posts 50 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 211 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 56 total posts 44 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 100 total posts 39 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 83 total posts 34 posts