Lloyd Phillips 1950 - 2013
Oscar-winner Lloyd Phillips, line producer of such films as 12 MONKEYS and the upcoming MAN OF STEEL, has passed away of a heart attack. Phillips was the very first New Zealander to win an Oscar, for producing the Academy Award winning short film THE DOLLAR BOTTOM in 1981.
Lloyd Phillips began his career as a photojournalist before making the leap to moviemaking. He was involved in many great projects over the years - he's worked with Quentin Tarantino, Zack Snyder, Terry Gilliam, Tom Tykwer, and many others. He was also one of the story writers behind NATE AND HAYES, one of the very best pirate movies from the 1980s. Phillips was 63 years old.
We here at Ain't It Cool send our deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 38 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 5 total posts 5 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 345 total posts 5 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 518 total posts 3 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 9 total posts 3 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 79 total posts 3 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 150 total posts 2 posts
- Here’s A Poster And Trailer For THE ROVER - Guy Pearce In A Post Apocalyptic Hell Down Under!! -- 50 total posts 1 post
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 91 total posts 1 post