You think when The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day dies it goes to heaven. It comes to us!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
How much do I love Phantasm II? Probably too much. This one was my entry into the Phantasm movies thanks to its constant rotation on cable in my youth (cable certainly loved Don Coscarelli because that’s why I’m so gaga for The Beastmaster, too) and to this day is still my favorite of the series.
Phantasm II has a balance of the surreal weirdness of the first film and a slick, studio-financed professional veneer that really takes it to that next level. Coscarelli’s filmmaking is on par with Raimi’s at the time (there are a few sections in the movie that feel like something out of Evil Dead 2), the movie’s crazy fun and Reggie’s a stone cold badass with his quad-barreled shotgun.
Today we’re going to be taking a look at one of the more memorable gags from the film, courtesy of practical effects guy-turned director Mr. Robert Kurtzman. Here we see the makeup process to remove poor ol’ Kenneth Tigar’s ear, thanks to one of Phantasm’s trademark flying spheres. That’s Kurtzman in the final corner.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is full of rich stuff.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 361 total posts 80 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 269 total posts 23 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 584 total posts 18 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 237 total posts 17 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 203 total posts 13 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 202 total posts 9 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 121 total posts 6 posts