You think when The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day dies it goes to heaven. It comes to us!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
How much do I love Phantasm II? Probably too much. This one was my entry into the Phantasm movies thanks to its constant rotation on cable in my youth (cable certainly loved Don Coscarelli because that’s why I’m so gaga for The Beastmaster, too) and to this day is still my favorite of the series.
Phantasm II has a balance of the surreal weirdness of the first film and a slick, studio-financed professional veneer that really takes it to that next level. Coscarelli’s filmmaking is on par with Raimi’s at the time (there are a few sections in the movie that feel like something out of Evil Dead 2), the movie’s crazy fun and Reggie’s a stone cold badass with his quad-barreled shotgun.
Today we’re going to be taking a look at one of the more memorable gags from the film, courtesy of practical effects guy-turned director Mr. Robert Kurtzman. Here we see the makeup process to remove poor ol’ Kenneth Tigar’s ear, thanks to one of Phantasm’s trademark flying spheres. That’s Kurtzman in the final corner.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic is full of rich stuff.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 453 total posts 221 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 101 total posts 87 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 294 total posts 48 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 430 total posts 38 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1385 total posts 38 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 85 total posts 28 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 89 total posts 24 posts
- ‘I Am Not Fucking Like You!!’ The 3-Minute Trailer For The Rampling-Enhanced Final Season Of DEXTER!! -- 65 total posts 23 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 496 total posts 21 posts
- EUROPA REPORT Trailer Imagines A Scientifically Realistic Trip To One Of Jupiter's Moons! -- 69 total posts 12 posts