You think when The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day dies it goes to heaven. It comes to us!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
How much do I love Phantasm II? Probably too much. This one was my entry into the Phantasm movies thanks to its constant rotation on cable in my youth (cable certainly loved Don Coscarelli because that’s why I’m so gaga for The Beastmaster, too) and to this day is still my favorite of the series.
Phantasm II has a balance of the surreal weirdness of the first film and a slick, studio-financed professional veneer that really takes it to that next level. Coscarelli’s filmmaking is on par with Raimi’s at the time (there are a few sections in the movie that feel like something out of Evil Dead 2), the movie’s crazy fun and Reggie’s a stone cold badass with his quad-barreled shotgun.
Today we’re going to be taking a look at one of the more memorable gags from the film, courtesy of practical effects guy-turned director Mr. Robert Kurtzman. Here we see the makeup process to remove poor ol’ Kenneth Tigar’s ear, thanks to one of Phantasm’s trademark flying spheres. That’s Kurtzman in the final corner.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is full of rich stuff.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 165 total posts 165 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 137 total posts 40 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 163 total posts 34 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 294 total posts 29 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 452 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 117 total posts 20 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 306 total posts 19 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 113 total posts 16 posts
- Capone dances the line between loving Chadwick Boseman as James Brown and frustration with the rest of GET ON UP!!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 763 total posts 10 posts