You think when The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day dies it goes to heaven. It comes to us!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
How much do I love Phantasm II? Probably too much. This one was my entry into the Phantasm movies thanks to its constant rotation on cable in my youth (cable certainly loved Don Coscarelli because that’s why I’m so gaga for The Beastmaster, too) and to this day is still my favorite of the series.
Phantasm II has a balance of the surreal weirdness of the first film and a slick, studio-financed professional veneer that really takes it to that next level. Coscarelli’s filmmaking is on par with Raimi’s at the time (there are a few sections in the movie that feel like something out of Evil Dead 2), the movie’s crazy fun and Reggie’s a stone cold badass with his quad-barreled shotgun.
Today we’re going to be taking a look at one of the more memorable gags from the film, courtesy of practical effects guy-turned director Mr. Robert Kurtzman. Here we see the makeup process to remove poor ol’ Kenneth Tigar’s ear, thanks to one of Phantasm’s trademark flying spheres. That’s Kurtzman in the final corner.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic is full of rich stuff.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 187 total posts 59 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 133 total posts 24 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 182 total posts 17 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 118 total posts 8 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 165 total posts 6 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 103 total posts 6 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 27 total posts 4 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 390 total posts 4 posts
- Jeremy Receives His Marching Orders From Combat Carl Weathers For TOY STORY OF TERROR! -- 26 total posts 2 posts
- AICN Tabletop: Abstruse Reports On GenCon 2014! -- 14 total posts 2 posts