This Jerry Lewis flick, Max Rose, keeps looking better and better...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. You'd think that if I were to be a Jerry Lewis fan I would have grown up with his movies, but I didn't, really. I was aware of him, but never watched any of his films until my teen years. I guess you can credit my arrested development for enjoying his particular brand of zany years after I left his target demographic.
One thing I did obsess over a bit in my formative years, though, was Quantum Leap. I was that weird kid that always had more adult friends than friends my own age. I liked '60s music, the current movies and books and I guess I had more in common with the grown ups.
I had a teacher, Mr. Phillips, at my elementary school who was the cool teacher. He was the one you hoped you got when you moved from 5th to 6th grade, which is funny because looking back he was kind of a geek. He loved sci-fi stuff, would break out with Temptations songs in the classroom and could talk comic books with me. But still, all the kids adored him.
Mr. P was also a Quantum Leap fan so we'd talk about the newest episode every week and how awesome it was. This is a long roundabout way to tell you guys that Quantum Leap was huge for my childhood. It wasn't just a fun show, but one that helped me connect with the adults in my life. Which is why when Jerry Lewis' big comeback movie, Max Rose, added this particular actor to their roster I wanted to stand up and cheer:
Dean Stockwell will be joining up with Mr. Lewis, according to Deadline.
I don't know what to add to that other than Stockwell is the man. Even if you don't like Quantum Leap (and who doesn't like Quantum Leap?) you're surely aware of just how great he was in Blue Velvet, Dune, To Live and Die In LA or any one of the myriad of great character actor roles he's had over the last few decades.
So, bring it on Max Rose. Keep adding on the quality. If they put Dick Miller into this thing then I'm going into cool overload and that ain't pretty.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 161 total posts 24 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 172 total posts 16 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 25 total posts 14 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 54 total posts 13 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 28 total posts 9 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 55 total posts 9 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 22 total posts 8 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 199 total posts 6 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 118 total posts 3 posts