The Kidd Lays Down The Law... And The Results Of That DREDD Blu-ray Contest!!
The Kidd here...
It's been a busy last couple of weeks, so sorry for the delay in finally getting around to picking the winners of the DREDD Blu-rays. There's been some shifting going on around the Ain't It Cool HQ, so let me advise a couple quick things for your future knowledge. You never know when or, more importantly, where the next contest or giveaway opportunity might pop up... so keep an eye on the Contests section of the site, if that's your thing. But also, you see I've got a Twitter, and you see I've got a Facebook page. If I were you, I'd be following and liking those for potential future reference... I'm just saying. It might be in your best interests.
Now, let me get to giving these DREDD Blu-rays away.
There was a lot of punishment going on that required long hours of viewing Stallone's version of Dredd, as well as a ton of enduring Rob Schneider... frankly, after awhile, it all started to blend together, and there wasn't much of it that stood out. If that's the route you took, so did way too many other people that it just seemed like a commonplace idea. So when I really got down to the nuts and bolts of what you wanted to do to punish those that passed on DREDD 3D during its theatrical run, creativity and originality were key. And I think all of our winners had a pretty good display of both.
We've got three almost-winners... I don't really want to call them runners-up, because they're still walking away from this with DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Packs of their own. They just weren't quite THE best... but they were definitely among the almost-best.
- Joe Cuffe - "For those who opted to not give DREDD a watch in theatres last year, the sentence is... EXILE (and Indian burns).
- Alex McCown - "Those who voluntarily passed up the opportunity to see DREDD 3D in the theaters are hereby sentenced to be administered a dose of the illegal drug "Slo-Mo" and thrown off the top of the Empire State Building - with a screener of GARFIELD: A TALE OF TWO KITTIES installed on special lenses affixed to their eyeballs, so they must experience that film the ENTIRE WAY DOWN."
- Luis Sosa - "The sentence is - you shall be strapped to a chair and listen to Rebecca Black's 'Friday' on a loop... forever."
Yeah... those are pretty bad... especially the first there on the list. Those things hurt.
But let me not wait any longer in naming our one big winner who is taking home a DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, a theatrical one sheet signed by Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby, a Dredd comic book and their very own Dredd badge. They are seriously one sick puppy for their sentence, which may be extreme, but would have been a worthy deterrent to use in making people watch DREDD.
- Joel Hecht - "Put their feet in a blender. Make them drink their own feet."
How am I supposed to argue with that as the winner?
Congratulations are in order for all our prize winners, and thanks to everyone who participated. Also, special thanks to Lionsgate Home Entertainment for setting this up with us.
And remember... Facebook, Twitter... it'll be worth it.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 675 total posts 443 posts
- The big screen adaptation of ASSASSIN'S CREED has been given a release date!!! -- 136 total posts 122 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 471 total posts 79 posts
- Harry gets seriously geeky on the very geeky cool STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Can't wait for the next one! & See this again! -- 1421 total posts 74 posts
- AVENGERS 2 might be filming in SOUTH AFRICA, does this mean that Black Panther is going to be a part of the action!?! -- 317 total posts 71 posts
- Mr. Beaks Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! -- 1124 total posts 65 posts
- Did you guys like RED 2? Oh it's not out yet, well who cares?? Get ready for RED 3 anyways!!! -- 99 total posts 42 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 107 total posts 42 posts
- ‘I Am Not Fucking Like You!!’ The 3-Minute Trailer For The Rampling-Enhanced Final Season Of DEXTER!! -- 81 total posts 39 posts
- Christopher Nolan maybe, could be, might be, directing the next BOND film!?!?! -- 508 total posts 33 posts