The Kidd Lays Down The Law... And The Results Of That DREDD Blu-ray Contest!!
The Kidd here...
It's been a busy last couple of weeks, so sorry for the delay in finally getting around to picking the winners of the DREDD Blu-rays. There's been some shifting going on around the Ain't It Cool HQ, so let me advise a couple quick things for your future knowledge. You never know when or, more importantly, where the next contest or giveaway opportunity might pop up... so keep an eye on the Contests section of the site, if that's your thing. But also, you see I've got a Twitter, and you see I've got a Facebook page. If I were you, I'd be following and liking those for potential future reference... I'm just saying. It might be in your best interests.
Now, let me get to giving these DREDD Blu-rays away.
There was a lot of punishment going on that required long hours of viewing Stallone's version of Dredd, as well as a ton of enduring Rob Schneider... frankly, after awhile, it all started to blend together, and there wasn't much of it that stood out. If that's the route you took, so did way too many other people that it just seemed like a commonplace idea. So when I really got down to the nuts and bolts of what you wanted to do to punish those that passed on DREDD 3D during its theatrical run, creativity and originality were key. And I think all of our winners had a pretty good display of both.
We've got three almost-winners... I don't really want to call them runners-up, because they're still walking away from this with DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Packs of their own. They just weren't quite THE best... but they were definitely among the almost-best.
- Joe Cuffe - "For those who opted to not give DREDD a watch in theatres last year, the sentence is... EXILE (and Indian burns).
- Alex McCown - "Those who voluntarily passed up the opportunity to see DREDD 3D in the theaters are hereby sentenced to be administered a dose of the illegal drug "Slo-Mo" and thrown off the top of the Empire State Building - with a screener of GARFIELD: A TALE OF TWO KITTIES installed on special lenses affixed to their eyeballs, so they must experience that film the ENTIRE WAY DOWN."
- Luis Sosa - "The sentence is - you shall be strapped to a chair and listen to Rebecca Black's 'Friday' on a loop... forever."
Yeah... those are pretty bad... especially the first there on the list. Those things hurt.
But let me not wait any longer in naming our one big winner who is taking home a DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, a theatrical one sheet signed by Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby, a Dredd comic book and their very own Dredd badge. They are seriously one sick puppy for their sentence, which may be extreme, but would have been a worthy deterrent to use in making people watch DREDD.
- Joel Hecht - "Put their feet in a blender. Make them drink their own feet."
How am I supposed to argue with that as the winner?
Congratulations are in order for all our prize winners, and thanks to everyone who participated. Also, special thanks to Lionsgate Home Entertainment for setting this up with us.
And remember... Facebook, Twitter... it'll be worth it.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 432 total posts 151 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 298 total posts 148 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 321 total posts 75 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 248 total posts 28 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 212 total posts 22 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 205 total posts 12 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 127 total posts 12 posts