The Kidd Lays Down The Law... And The Results Of That DREDD Blu-ray Contest!!
The Kidd here...
It's been a busy last couple of weeks, so sorry for the delay in finally getting around to picking the winners of the DREDD Blu-rays. There's been some shifting going on around the Ain't It Cool HQ, so let me advise a couple quick things for your future knowledge. You never know when or, more importantly, where the next contest or giveaway opportunity might pop up... so keep an eye on the Contests section of the site, if that's your thing. But also, you see I've got a Twitter, and you see I've got a Facebook page. If I were you, I'd be following and liking those for potential future reference... I'm just saying. It might be in your best interests.
Now, let me get to giving these DREDD Blu-rays away.
There was a lot of punishment going on that required long hours of viewing Stallone's version of Dredd, as well as a ton of enduring Rob Schneider... frankly, after awhile, it all started to blend together, and there wasn't much of it that stood out. If that's the route you took, so did way too many other people that it just seemed like a commonplace idea. So when I really got down to the nuts and bolts of what you wanted to do to punish those that passed on DREDD 3D during its theatrical run, creativity and originality were key. And I think all of our winners had a pretty good display of both.
We've got three almost-winners... I don't really want to call them runners-up, because they're still walking away from this with DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Packs of their own. They just weren't quite THE best... but they were definitely among the almost-best.
- Joe Cuffe - "For those who opted to not give DREDD a watch in theatres last year, the sentence is... EXILE (and Indian burns).
- Alex McCown - "Those who voluntarily passed up the opportunity to see DREDD 3D in the theaters are hereby sentenced to be administered a dose of the illegal drug "Slo-Mo" and thrown off the top of the Empire State Building - with a screener of GARFIELD: A TALE OF TWO KITTIES installed on special lenses affixed to their eyeballs, so they must experience that film the ENTIRE WAY DOWN."
- Luis Sosa - "The sentence is - you shall be strapped to a chair and listen to Rebecca Black's 'Friday' on a loop... forever."
Yeah... those are pretty bad... especially the first there on the list. Those things hurt.
But let me not wait any longer in naming our one big winner who is taking home a DREDD 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, a theatrical one sheet signed by Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby, a Dredd comic book and their very own Dredd badge. They are seriously one sick puppy for their sentence, which may be extreme, but would have been a worthy deterrent to use in making people watch DREDD.
- Joel Hecht - "Put their feet in a blender. Make them drink their own feet."
How am I supposed to argue with that as the winner?
Congratulations are in order for all our prize winners, and thanks to everyone who participated. Also, special thanks to Lionsgate Home Entertainment for setting this up with us.
And remember... Facebook, Twitter... it'll be worth it.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- EXCLUSIVE: Who's the voice of that stunning stinger character after the credits of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY? -- 112 total posts 36 posts
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 487 total posts 27 posts
- Copernicus explores The Science of Star Wars! -- 77 total posts 15 posts
- Will Ferrell to play Russ Meyer in RUSS & ROGER GO BEYOND! -- 57 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Here, Baby Baby!!’ WALKING DEAD Walking Schmed!! Syfy Releases Promo For Z NATION!! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- SOUL REVIVER: THE MOVIE directed by Edward Zwick...yes that Edward Zwick! -- 20 total posts 4 posts
- 2 New Posters for David Fincher's GONE GIRL! -- 30 total posts 4 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 181 total posts 2 posts
- DAVID BOWIE: FIVE YEARS Hits Showtime!! The Final Season Of THE KILLING Dumps Onto Netflix!! HBO’s Last BILL MAHER Till Autumn!! New ALMIGHTY, HEMLOCK, SMACKDOWN & TREEHOUSE!! Cat Deeley & Marcia Clark On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 1 post
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 774 total posts 1 post