Sony Pictures Classics Picks Up Linklater's BEFORE MIDNIGHT!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Sony Pictures Classics has picked up Richard Linklater's Before Midnight, his second sequel to Before Sunrise. Word out of Sundance is that the movie isn't just great, it's fucking great and Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy are brilliant in it.
Sundance fest goers can get overly excited (I know this because I've been that guy more than a few times), but my gut is telling me they're not overhyping this one. Linklater, Hawke and Delpy have something really special going here, a romance charted through all stages of attraction... a story that grows with the characters as it would in a documentary setting.
If Linklater and company keep this up, I fully expect to see the final installment hit some Amour-like old people in love and dying and making me all sad and stuff levels.
So, congratulations to Before Midnight. I'm glad I'll get a chance to see you in a theater and so will most of North America and the UK thanks to SPC.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 330 total posts 154 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 127 total posts 127 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 119 total posts 75 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 134 total posts 68 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 733 total posts 61 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 190 total posts 40 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Kristin Scott Thomas Chews Up Ryan Gosling's Girlfriend In A Very Nasty Clip From ONLY GOD FORGIVES! -- 73 total posts 31 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 79 total posts 30 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 36 total posts 28 posts