A new clip from A Good Day To Die Hard has surfaced... I've got a bad feeling about this...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I know there are people out there that really like Live Free Or Die Hard. I can't wrap my brain around that point of view, especially if you claim to love any three of the other films, but these people do exist. Hell, there might even be a few of them in the conversation below. I keep trying to give that one a second chance, but I've only been able to sit through the film one more time, with the "we put in a few more "fucks" so it's just like the other ones now, right?" edition and I still don't get it.
When I saw the Yippee Ki-Yay Mother Russia posters I was just flat out shocked at just how off point the franchise has become, but a poster's a poster and with Looper, Moonrise Kingdom and even to a lesser degree Red it seems like Bruce Willis is waking up and remembering that people like him as a goofy action star, but they like him as the everyman better.
So, with Len Wiseman nowhere near this movie and Bruce on an upswing I kept my positivity up. The trailers are fine, but again a far cry from what made the character of John McClane so special in the first place. Even in Die Hard With A Vengeance he was always struggling to keep his head above water every step of the way and every decision he made in the film took a physical toll on him.
I didn't see that in the trailers, but it looked like Willis was having fun again, so there was that. And now this clip of a car chase from A Good Day To Die Hard really makes me sad. Willis is fine. He's throwing out the quips like McClane, but I was really distracted by the piss poor editing of the clip. He's also now back to doing James Bond stunts that don't seem to have any repercussions at all.
While I still have a hope that this movie pulls off a fun John McClane tale I'm getting to the point where I can't ignore the bad feeling all these publicity materials are giving off. Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you folks think of the clip?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 183 total posts 118 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 401 total posts 45 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 261 total posts 32 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 92 total posts 31 posts
- Fox To Remake LAURA With A Screenplay By James Ellroy! -- 39 total posts 18 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Lionsgate to bring us Arnold Schwarzenegger vs. zombies in MAGGIE come early 2015! -- 196 total posts 13 posts
- A Trailer And Poster For THE PYRAMID, Produced By Alexandre Aja!! -- 77 total posts 7 posts
- A Newish Spot For David Fincher’s GONE GIRL Is Now Online!! -- 56 total posts 6 posts