A new clip from A Good Day To Die Hard has surfaced... I've got a bad feeling about this...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I know there are people out there that really like Live Free Or Die Hard. I can't wrap my brain around that point of view, especially if you claim to love any three of the other films, but these people do exist. Hell, there might even be a few of them in the conversation below. I keep trying to give that one a second chance, but I've only been able to sit through the film one more time, with the "we put in a few more "fucks" so it's just like the other ones now, right?" edition and I still don't get it.
When I saw the Yippee Ki-Yay Mother Russia posters I was just flat out shocked at just how off point the franchise has become, but a poster's a poster and with Looper, Moonrise Kingdom and even to a lesser degree Red it seems like Bruce Willis is waking up and remembering that people like him as a goofy action star, but they like him as the everyman better.
So, with Len Wiseman nowhere near this movie and Bruce on an upswing I kept my positivity up. The trailers are fine, but again a far cry from what made the character of John McClane so special in the first place. Even in Die Hard With A Vengeance he was always struggling to keep his head above water every step of the way and every decision he made in the film took a physical toll on him.
I didn't see that in the trailers, but it looked like Willis was having fun again, so there was that. And now this clip of a car chase from A Good Day To Die Hard really makes me sad. Willis is fine. He's throwing out the quips like McClane, but I was really distracted by the piss poor editing of the clip. He's also now back to doing James Bond stunts that don't seem to have any repercussions at all.
While I still have a hope that this movie pulls off a fun John McClane tale I'm getting to the point where I can't ignore the bad feeling all these publicity materials are giving off. Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you folks think of the clip?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 140 total posts 140 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 151 total posts 108 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 96 total posts 96 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 97 total posts 91 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 214 total posts 81 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 158 total posts 80 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 383 total posts 51 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 87 total posts 43 posts