A new clip from A Good Day To Die Hard has surfaced... I've got a bad feeling about this...
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I know there are people out there that really like Live Free Or Die Hard. I can't wrap my brain around that point of view, especially if you claim to love any three of the other films, but these people do exist. Hell, there might even be a few of them in the conversation below. I keep trying to give that one a second chance, but I've only been able to sit through the film one more time, with the "we put in a few more "fucks" so it's just like the other ones now, right?" edition and I still don't get it.
When I saw the Yippee Ki-Yay Mother Russia posters I was just flat out shocked at just how off point the franchise has become, but a poster's a poster and with Looper, Moonrise Kingdom and even to a lesser degree Red it seems like Bruce Willis is waking up and remembering that people like him as a goofy action star, but they like him as the everyman better.
So, with Len Wiseman nowhere near this movie and Bruce on an upswing I kept my positivity up. The trailers are fine, but again a far cry from what made the character of John McClane so special in the first place. Even in Die Hard With A Vengeance he was always struggling to keep his head above water every step of the way and every decision he made in the film took a physical toll on him.
I didn't see that in the trailers, but it looked like Willis was having fun again, so there was that. And now this clip of a car chase from A Good Day To Die Hard really makes me sad. Willis is fine. He's throwing out the quips like McClane, but I was really distracted by the piss poor editing of the clip. He's also now back to doing James Bond stunts that don't seem to have any repercussions at all.
While I still have a hope that this movie pulls off a fun John McClane tale I'm getting to the point where I can't ignore the bad feeling all these publicity materials are giving off. Maybe I'm overreacting. What do you folks think of the clip?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 382 total posts 206 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 170 total posts 170 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Be In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 165 total posts 165 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 182 total posts 116 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 781 total posts 109 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 139 total posts 95 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 73 total posts 73 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 67 total posts 67 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 204 total posts 54 posts