The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day Presents…
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I was trying to make a “Good evening” reference with the headline, but my tired brain wouldn’t make it sync up. But that’s okay… it may be a shitty headline, but it’s a fun picture of Mr. Hitchcock goofing off filming one of his intros for Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
I had a big conversation about Alfred Hitchcock and whether or not Spielberg will be more famous than him in 50 years recently. It’s for the Film School Rejects Broken Projector Podcast and I won’t spoil who we finally decided was the winner, but I will say my pick for who would be more famous in 50 years might surprise you (hint: it’s not Spielberg). Hitchcock made his face, belly, voice and even silhouette iconic, much of that thanks to him hosting this TV show. My argument was that Spielberg’s films might be more popular, but if you held up pictures of both men I still think more people would recognize Hitchcock.
That’s my argument anyway. Here’s a picture of the man establishing that icon I was just talking about, thanks to the always dependable William Forsche.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic(s) document the strangest chess game you’ll ever see.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 87 total posts 21 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 81 total posts 21 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 432 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 69 total posts 10 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 49 total posts 8 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 120 total posts 7 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1477 total posts 6 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 19 total posts 5 posts