The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day Presents…
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
I was trying to make a “Good evening” reference with the headline, but my tired brain wouldn’t make it sync up. But that’s okay… it may be a shitty headline, but it’s a fun picture of Mr. Hitchcock goofing off filming one of his intros for Alfred Hitchcock Presents.
I had a big conversation about Alfred Hitchcock and whether or not Spielberg will be more famous than him in 50 years recently. It’s for the Film School Rejects Broken Projector Podcast and I won’t spoil who we finally decided was the winner, but I will say my pick for who would be more famous in 50 years might surprise you (hint: it’s not Spielberg). Hitchcock made his face, belly, voice and even silhouette iconic, much of that thanks to him hosting this TV show. My argument was that Spielberg’s films might be more popular, but if you held up pictures of both men I still think more people would recognize Hitchcock.
That’s my argument anyway. Here’s a picture of the man establishing that icon I was just talking about, thanks to the always dependable William Forsche.
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic(s) document the strangest chess game you’ll ever see.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 438 total posts 101 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 174 total posts 44 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 73 total posts 44 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 51 total posts 43 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 38 total posts 31 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 65 total posts 29 posts