Magnolia close to picking up found footage anthology sequel S-VHS out of Sundance!
This is pretty interesting, actually, because Magnolia released the first film, but the producers didn't strike a deal with them to fund and release the second, instead opting to independently finance the film. It was a gamble, but it looks to have paid off because the reports are that there was a bidding war between a few distributors (including Drafthouse Films) which upped the sales price to more than what Magnolia paid for the first film.
Word of mouth is even people who hated VHS dig this new one. I've been hearing a lot of "they learned from the first and radically improved the second" talk from my critic friends on the ground in Park City. In particular I can't wait for Jason Eisener's segment.
So, congratulations S-VHS people, I'm excited to see the movie. It better not disappoint after all this. Fingers crossed it's playing SXSW.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 641 total posts 541 posts
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 154 total posts 154 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 142 total posts 142 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 125 total posts 125 posts
- Steven Spielberg to produce a live action Halo series for Microsoft! -- 206 total posts 121 posts
- So is JURASSIC PARK IV a remake or a reboot? Sam Neill thinks he has the answer! -- 204 total posts 94 posts
- Nordling Reviews FAST AND FURIOUS 6! -- 83 total posts 83 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1362 total posts 81 posts
- Microsoft's Reveal Of The Next XBOX Is Upon Us, And Streaming Here!! -- 387 total posts 77 posts
- Behold A Very Fun Trailer For Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END!! -- 69 total posts 69 posts