Ron Howard Close To Signing Onto A Period-Piece Ship-vs-Whale Adventure!!
The film already has Chris Hemsworth attached to star as a first mate aboard the Essex, the doomed ship whose encounter with a whale inspired Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
...says THIS piece, which goes on to say there is...even now...misgiving about large-scale projects on the sea, indicating that Universal executives still evoke 1995's WATERWORLD (apparently calling it "FISHTAR"). Thus, the article speculates Warners may seek the partnership of a second studio. You know...to spread the risk.
As funny is it is that Uni execs are still hammering WATERWORLD, concern about mounting water-based projects are not unfounded. James Cameron's TITANIC and THE ABYSS were both famously challenging and costly water-based undertakings. The sea, and water in general, can be an exceptionally harsh mistresses. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, this project ultimately pushed forward.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 321 total posts 321 posts
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 404 total posts 208 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 131 total posts 131 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 182 total posts 87 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 667 total posts 56 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 103 total posts 44 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 107 total posts 31 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 46 total posts 31 posts