Ron Howard Close To Signing Onto A Period-Piece Ship-vs-Whale Adventure!!
The film already has Chris Hemsworth attached to star as a first mate aboard the Essex, the doomed ship whose encounter with a whale inspired Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
...says THIS piece, which goes on to say there is...even now...misgiving about large-scale projects on the sea, indicating that Universal executives still evoke 1995's WATERWORLD (apparently calling it "FISHTAR"). Thus, the article speculates Warners may seek the partnership of a second studio. You know...to spread the risk.
As funny is it is that Uni execs are still hammering WATERWORLD, concern about mounting water-based projects are not unfounded. James Cameron's TITANIC and THE ABYSS were both famously challenging and costly water-based undertakings. The sea, and water in general, can be an exceptionally harsh mistresses. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, this project ultimately pushed forward.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- So The MAN OF STEEL Sequel Has (At Least) A Third Superhero In It... -- 433 total posts 433 posts
- FAST AND FURIOUS 7 to be scrapped entirely? -- 269 total posts 269 posts
- These pics from AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 show off Electro's lair and some serious lightning attacks! -- 312 total posts 159 posts
- Earlier Versions Of THE DARK CRYSTAL...Probably Felt A Lot Like This!! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- We now have an official and better look at a new AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 banner, plus a new synopsis! -- 219 total posts 49 posts
- A New 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE Trailer Brings The Xerxes!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- Harry's 49th Picks & Peeks of 2013: OCTAGON, THE WOLVERINE, more Ninjas, Serpico & Saturn 3, NASHVILLE & more! -- 164 total posts 43 posts
- Filming on the FAST AND FURIOUS 7 has been postponed indefinitely. -- 250 total posts 41 posts
- Kevin Smith's TUSK won't make it in time for Sundance, but will screen a work-in-progress cut for fans! -- 80 total posts 36 posts
- More Angry Volcano Action in this New Trailer for Pompeii! -- 34 total posts 34 posts