Ron Howard Close To Signing Onto A Period-Piece Ship-vs-Whale Adventure!!
The film already has Chris Hemsworth attached to star as a first mate aboard the Essex, the doomed ship whose encounter with a whale inspired Herman Melville’s Moby Dick.
...says THIS piece, which goes on to say there is...even now...misgiving about large-scale projects on the sea, indicating that Universal executives still evoke 1995's WATERWORLD (apparently calling it "FISHTAR"). Thus, the article speculates Warners may seek the partnership of a second studio. You know...to spread the risk.
As funny is it is that Uni execs are still hammering WATERWORLD, concern about mounting water-based projects are not unfounded. James Cameron's TITANIC and THE ABYSS were both famously challenging and costly water-based undertakings. The sea, and water in general, can be an exceptionally harsh mistresses. It'll be interesting to see how, or if, this project ultimately pushed forward.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 472 total posts 372 posts
- Steven Spielberg to produce a live action Halo series for Microsoft! -- 177 total posts 92 posts
- So is JURASSIC PARK IV a remake or a reboot? Sam Neill thinks he has the answer! -- 186 total posts 76 posts
- Microsoft's Reveal Of The Next XBOX Is Upon Us, And Streaming Here!! -- 366 total posts 56 posts
- What is PACIFIC RIM's "Drift Space"? Find out in this Featurette! -- 92 total posts 41 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1313 total posts 32 posts
- Harry's 21st Picks & Peeks of 2013 has MEDIUM COOL, THE LAST STAND, THE BURNING, BATMAN, MIYAZAKI Blus and more!!! -- 123 total posts 28 posts
- So which character is going to be the villain in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?! -- 184 total posts 24 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 207 total posts 23 posts
- Behold A Very Fun Trailer For Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END!! -- 21 total posts 21 posts