AMC Schedules April 7 For A Two-Hour MAD MEN Launch!!
A two-hour “Mad Men” TV-movie scripted by series mastermind Matthew Weiner will launch the series' sixth season on April 7, according to AMC.
That’s a tad later than last year’s two-hour “Mad Men” season premiere, which arrived March 25.
“It will advance in time, as it does… I can’t say how much or how little,” Weiner told the New York Times. “We’re coming off a period in Don’s life where he’s trying to normalize, and trying to have this relationship — a real relationship with this woman that he fell in love with. She expressed her desires and that was a surprise for him. On this show, it’s a very rich, full orchestra, and we like to follow what is the next stage in these people’s lives.”
When we last saw Don Draper, American just entering 1967’s “Summer of Love.” “Hair” opened off-Broadway Oct. 17, 1967. On Oct. 18 university students in Wisconsin protested recruiting by Napalm manufacturer Dow Chemical. The news in 1968 was dominated by civil rights activism and a wildly unpopular war in Vietnam. When we resume, will Megan and Sally have been transformed into hippies?
And ill Lane Pryce’s name remain on the door to remind Don of his former partner’s horrifying end?
With “Game of Thrones” long set to launch its third season on March 31, we should have some quite exciting Sundays ahead of us this spring.
Find all of the Times’ story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 760 total posts 635 posts
- Nordling Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! Spoilers Abound! You Are Warned! -- 1136 total posts 211 posts
- ‘Darkness Will Devour Them All!!’ Sunday Brings Antepenultimate GAME OF THRONES For HBO!! -- 199 total posts 199 posts
- UPDATE The Friday Docback Calls 'The Name of the Doctor'!! DOCTOR WHO's S7 Finale Arrives This Weekend!! Now With Glen's Ultra-Brief, SPOILER FREE MiniReview!! -- 433 total posts 175 posts
- Here's A Behind-The-Scenes Look At MAN OF STEEL With New Footage! Also... Is Supergirl In The Prequel Comic? -- 233 total posts 156 posts
HERCULES ON THE RADIO!!
Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks About STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS, Next Week’s HANNIBAL, MAD MEN, GAME OF THRONES, The New Fall Shows And More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT/11pm ET!! -- 227 total posts 112 posts
- Hey! Fat Face! Here's The New Teaser To ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES! -- 232 total posts 91 posts
- Mr. Beaks Reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS! -- 1202 total posts 65 posts
- Capone reviews STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and considers the art of messing with canon and why it doesn't bother him!!! -- 539 total posts 50 posts
- 1st Trailer for Jean Pierre Jeunet's THE YOUNG AND PRODIGIOUS SPIVET!!! Joy Follows... -- 64 total posts 48 posts