Wait a minute... Marvel wants who in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Avengers 2 is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it, naturally, but the Marvel film I'm most looking forward to is Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn directing is interesting, but the team itself is something I just can't wait to see realized on the big screen. Everybody is a little crazy in that group and who doesn't want to see a giant walking tree grumbing that he is Groot while a gun-crazy raccoon blasts away aliens?
If they can pull this movie off they can do anything, so to me it's the most fascinating film on their slate.
Our friends at Latino-Review have a scoop today revealing who Marvel is inquiring about. This isn't an offer, this isn't a contract, but just interest. And that interest is weird.
El Mayimbe says Marvel is looking into both Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for unspecified roles. The only for sure role they're not up for is Peter Quill... which leads me to believe they could potentially be voices of one Mr. Rocket Raccoon. I really don't see who the hell else Adam Sandler could be up for in that universe.
If that's where they're going, then Jim Carrey is far and away the better choice. I can see him being goofy, but emotional and not just coming up with a voice that sounds like a 5 year old trying to be funny. Plus I think he could performance-capture the shit out of the character.
So, nothing official, but that's apparently where Marvel is looking. LR also has an update on people reading for Starlord (aka Peter Quill) so head on over and check that out if you're curious.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 209 total posts 33 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 169 total posts 19 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 59 total posts 15 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 75 total posts 9 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 57 total posts 8 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 221 total posts 6 posts
- Body, Pad, Ride, Family, Church, Boys, Girls, And Porn In This Trailer For Joseph Gordon-Levitt's DON JON!! -- 25 total posts 5 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 136 total posts 4 posts