Wait a minute... Marvel wants who in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Avengers 2 is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it, naturally, but the Marvel film I'm most looking forward to is Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn directing is interesting, but the team itself is something I just can't wait to see realized on the big screen. Everybody is a little crazy in that group and who doesn't want to see a giant walking tree grumbing that he is Groot while a gun-crazy raccoon blasts away aliens?
If they can pull this movie off they can do anything, so to me it's the most fascinating film on their slate.
Our friends at Latino-Review have a scoop today revealing who Marvel is inquiring about. This isn't an offer, this isn't a contract, but just interest. And that interest is weird.
El Mayimbe says Marvel is looking into both Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for unspecified roles. The only for sure role they're not up for is Peter Quill... which leads me to believe they could potentially be voices of one Mr. Rocket Raccoon. I really don't see who the hell else Adam Sandler could be up for in that universe.
If that's where they're going, then Jim Carrey is far and away the better choice. I can see him being goofy, but emotional and not just coming up with a voice that sounds like a 5 year old trying to be funny. Plus I think he could performance-capture the shit out of the character.
So, nothing official, but that's apparently where Marvel is looking. LR also has an update on people reading for Starlord (aka Peter Quill) so head on over and check that out if you're curious.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 413 total posts 237 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Be In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 173 total posts 173 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 184 total posts 118 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 785 total posts 113 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 141 total posts 97 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 93 total posts 93 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 90 total posts 90 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 86 total posts 86 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 205 total posts 55 posts