Wait a minute... Marvel wants who in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!?!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. The Avengers 2 is going to be fun and I'm looking forward to it, naturally, but the Marvel film I'm most looking forward to is Guardians of the Galaxy. James Gunn directing is interesting, but the team itself is something I just can't wait to see realized on the big screen. Everybody is a little crazy in that group and who doesn't want to see a giant walking tree grumbing that he is Groot while a gun-crazy raccoon blasts away aliens?
If they can pull this movie off they can do anything, so to me it's the most fascinating film on their slate.
Our friends at Latino-Review have a scoop today revealing who Marvel is inquiring about. This isn't an offer, this isn't a contract, but just interest. And that interest is weird.
El Mayimbe says Marvel is looking into both Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler for unspecified roles. The only for sure role they're not up for is Peter Quill... which leads me to believe they could potentially be voices of one Mr. Rocket Raccoon. I really don't see who the hell else Adam Sandler could be up for in that universe.
If that's where they're going, then Jim Carrey is far and away the better choice. I can see him being goofy, but emotional and not just coming up with a voice that sounds like a 5 year old trying to be funny. Plus I think he could performance-capture the shit out of the character.
So, nothing official, but that's apparently where Marvel is looking. LR also has an update on people reading for Starlord (aka Peter Quill) so head on over and check that out if you're curious.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 88 total posts 22 posts
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 81 total posts 21 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 432 total posts 14 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 69 total posts 10 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1480 total posts 9 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 49 total posts 8 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 121 total posts 8 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Jim Jarmusch's vampire flick ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE gets picked up for U.S. distribution by Sony Pictures Classics!! -- 20 total posts 6 posts