HBO Is Fairly Certain Enough Of You Want To See A BORED TO DEATH Movie!
While I love pretty much everyone involved with BORED TO DEATH, I fell out of love with the show during its third season. Aside from Ted Danson's week-to-week brilliance as George Christopher, a delightful disaster of a human being who gets caught up in bizarre misadventures with Jonathan (Jason Schwartzman) and Ray (Zach Galifianakis), I thought the show's quirkiness was rapidly becoming labored.
So I'm a little surprised that, according to Deadline, HBO Films is putting a BORED TO DEATH feature into development. The show always had a limited appeal, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only fan who gave up during its final season. But there's so much comedic potential between the three main characters that I'm kinda excited by the possibility of a movie. The show was always at its best when Jonathan, Ray and George were together onscreen, and I imagine a 100-minute film would keep them together as much as possible. So if I'm just never, ever going to get my fucking DEADWOOD movie, why not?
Deadline reports that there are no deals in place with the actors, so don't expect this to go into production anytime soon.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 59 total posts 5 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 134 total posts 5 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 257 total posts 4 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 140 total posts 3 posts
- The Friday Docback Is Chilly Towards ‘The Ice Warriors’!! DOCTOR WHO Story #39, HornOrSilk Reviews The ‘Dark Eyes’ 2.1 / 2.2 Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 28 total posts 2 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 22 total posts 2 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews NO NO: A DOCKUMENTARY! -- 6 total posts 1 post