New Shaft Trailer Up
The trailer is available in four sizes, all can be found here, on the Shaft trailer page. Have fun, and thanks Buddy.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
+ Expand All
May 23, 2000, 5:36 p.m. CST
I want this film to be what I hope it could be, but I know it is going to fall far short. Sam Jackson is a one-of-a-kind badass actor who can redefine the Shaft character. The other cast members, notably, Christian Bale, Jeffrey Wright, Vanessa L. Williams, and Toni Collette are outstanding actors. But where in Hallenbeck's name is the story? Every test screening review says "Bale's character murderers a young African-American man, the legal system fails, Shaft protects the eye-witness (Collette), and exacts revenge against Bale's character". Haven't we all seen similarly plotted movies a BILLION times before? I realize that it is based on the Roundtree blaxploitation classic, but how a little bit of originality. The only reason I'm going to see it is because Sam Jackson is the baddest mutha EVER....really, if you think about it, he isn't even playing Shaft....he's playing a variation of the Sam Jackson badass persona.
May 23, 2000, 5:37 p.m. CST
by Insane Tiki
...this one is bad-ass! I love all of Shaft's lines. "I might take you down, but I'll never let you down", and when the guy says he's not a cop anymore, Shaft says "Do you think that makes me less dangerous? Or more dangerous?" plus when he keeps hitting that guy. This is Shaft like he should be. I was worried before, with reports coming in that Shaft wasn't "Shaft" in the movie, but I think I'm pretty confident now. Damn!
May 23, 2000, 5:43 p.m. CST
THat movie is cool because they live in a city where fear can buy you power. i am afraid of lots of stuff...like when my dad gets home without a shirt on and another tatoo, and he starts slapping my because i didnt make him his 'flapjacks' or something... or the time that old man was in the locker room at school and he made me spank him... well, anyway... i want to live in the city shaft does because its a city where 'fear can buy you power' which is cool because i can get lots of power. cheese is good. UHF is the best movie ever.
May 23, 2000, 5:47 p.m. CST
I still think Hollywood needs to show a lot more originality and film some new ideas, rather than remaking films which do not need to be remade.
May 23, 2000, 6:04 p.m. CST
I saw the trailer before Road Trip, and the only thing that kicked ass was seeing Samuel L. Jackson looking like a bad motherfucker. There weren't really any cool shots that me say wow, but seeing Sam on-screen is enough for a viewing, no matter if it sucks or not. Another thing, is it me, or does the wardrobe design make him look like another member of the X-Men. He still looks bad ass.
May 23, 2000, 6:32 p.m. CST
well, he was pretty awesome in American Psycho with that accent...
May 23, 2000, 6:35 p.m. CST
or maybe all sam jackson's bad asses are variations on Shaft?
May 23, 2000, 6:39 p.m. CST
Shaft just busted the window out of a maroon 1987 Mercury Cougar! That's MY ride! I'm the only white boy in Oakland that drives one, too! So there.
May 23, 2000, 6:41 p.m. CST
by little debbie
I think the theaters will mostly be packed with white people on this one.
May 23, 2000, 7:49 p.m. CST
i said it before...i'll say it again: if Sam's talking much shit and kicking much ass all over the screen then the film will rock. this trailer ain't nothin' but confirmation of that. i'd have more to say, but i have to wipe the pee from my pants because this trailer, like the first, was...in a nutshell...FUCKING AWESOME!!!
May 23, 2000, 10:12 p.m. CST
and check the new Chicken Run t.v. spot that ran while I was watching Will and Grace. I hope someone finds a link, because this is fucking classic. I never laughed so hard, nor more amazed. If you saw it, you know it spoofs the Gladiator trailers, and works splendidly. Man o' man, this was absolutely pitch perfect. Someone find it so everyone can enjoy this work of perfection. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see Chicken Run, because I hate watching with kids in the theatre, but now I could care less. Long live Chicken Run!!!!!!!!
May 24, 2000, 12:17 a.m. CST
THE EGG WHO BECAME A CHICKEN....THE CHICKEN WHO BECAME A LEADER....help me out, I forget the last part.
May 24, 2000, 8:42 a.m. CST
This movie does look fucking brilliant dosent it? I didnt like the teaser too be honest but now ive seen a little more of the movie I now know SHAFT will be FUCKING AWESOME.Oh yeh and Sam Jackson dosent seem too be acting too much like a dick as pridickted by many, does he ?
May 24, 2000, 4:10 p.m. CST
May 24, 2000, 6:15 p.m. CST
I think this movie is going to be wicked entertaining, I just hope John Singleton doesn't use the great Shaft character as some sort of soapbox. Which I doubt he will... he is all hollywood now. Ps: isn't this guy in one of The old shaft sequels? http://www.geocities.com/kokosavage
May 24, 2000, 7:06 p.m. CST
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 231 total posts 75 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 57 total posts 15 posts
- Capone says AS ABOVE/SO BELOW uses a chilling location to terrifying effect!!! -- 35 total posts 9 posts
- The Fellows Behind The Big-Screen JUMP STREET (And THE LEGO MOVIE And CLONE HIGH) Plan To Reboot Another Steven J. Cannell Series: THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO!! -- 45 total posts 8 posts
- Will there be a change of roster in Avengers: Age of Ultron and if so, who's gonna be on it? -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Just How Conjoined Is Sarah Paulson In AHS FREAK SHOW?? See For Yourself!! -- 72 total posts 4 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 89 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 188 total posts 2 posts