The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day didn’t hire her for her scream, Jack. It hired her for her tits!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Picture.
So, Brian De Palma is awesome, we all agree on that. We can argue when and if he lost his edge (I think he’s still got it, personally), but I will fight anyone who ever talks shit about Blow Out. I loved it when I first saw it in my teenage years and upon each successive viewing I’ve become more and more infatuated with it.
Not only is it John Travolta’s best performance bar none, it has this amazing sense of creeping dread that only a master working in his prime could control. John Lithgow is one scary mofo in this movie.
I’ve mentioned it before, but someday I’d love to program a double feature of Blow Out with Coppola’s The Conversation. Both have that sense of impending doom and both are about outsiders listening in on things they shouldn’t be and the fucked up things that happen as a result.
I wish I had some amazing BTS stuff from Blow Out, but I have been holding on to this one shot of De Palma and Nancy Allen sitting together during the making of the movie (they were married at the time). It’s not the most exciting of BTS images, but the movie’s too good to ignore it all together. Who knows? Maybe a hoarder of great Blow Out BTS images will read this and send along some good ones?
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
You can’t hear tomorrow’s pic scream.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 297 total posts 16 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts