Brand new TV Spot for Tom Cruise's sparse sci-fi flick Oblivion has hit!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I went to get my haircut today (it looks nice, you should totally see it) and as I walked in to sign up, I saw a new TV spot for Tom Cruise's big sci-fi flick Oblivion play during the big 49er game. "Hrm," I thought to myself. "I wonder if that's online yet."
Sure enough, I get home and there it is, uploaded to YouTube by the official movie people and everything!
I've watched it a couple of times now. There's not a whole lot of new footage, just the trailer condensed down with a few new shots, but I like the bleak sci-fi tone. Sure, it seems to borrow a lot from Wall-E's visuals, but Wall-E in turn was borrowing a lot from Silent Running and those sparse sci-fi films of the '70s, a style I'm a huge fan of. So, borrow away, Mr. Cruise!
Tom Cruise clearly puts his heart into every project and while he takes a lot of shit from my fellow movie geeks, I think he's still one of the only full blown Grade A movie stars we have right now. I'm very optimistic about this film and as long as the story isn't just a straight Matrix lift then I think we're in for something really cool.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts