The Gang Is Pulled Out Of Retirement Again In The Teaser Trailer For RED 2!!
The Kidd here...
I wasn't all that impressed with the first RED film when it was released three years ago. I just felt underwhelmed by this group of retired black-ops C.I.A. agents in a film that always felt like it was trying too hard, and that's a real shame given the quality cast it was able to pull together - Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovch, Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker, etc. So I wouldn't exactly say I was looking forward to the idea of a sequel. But with Summit Entertainment just releasing the teaser trailer for RED 2, I may be a little more open to the idea.
From this early look, it feels like the unit is a bit more cohesive and the mismatched partnership between Willis and Malkovich looks to be kicked up to another gear, which should make for plenty of humorous interaction. Hell, I laughed a couple times in this short span just watching them play off each other.
Plus, add Catherine Zeta-Jones, Anthony Hopkins and Byung Hun Lee to the mix and maybe there's room for improvement after a flat initial offering. I may not have been sold on this franchise after the first film, but, from what I've seen here, I'm willing to give it a second glance.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts