There's a remake on the horizon... of a Robert Zemeckis film... but look at those snappers!!!
Hey folks, Harry here... Zemeckis is over in London where he spoke briefly with Getty Image's Entertainment team - and they were asking him about sequels, prequels and remakes of his career... basically a big fishing expedition question, but one that fans of Zemeckis' work would be passionate about, one way or the other. Zemeckis says that they're all bullshit except for possibly ROMANCING THE STONE, which Zemeckis claims to know of "plans" for... but then he clarifies that he isn't sure that it is being made or how far along it is... BUT... let's discuss the notion.
We don't know who is doing this or who would be cast or even if the premise would stay in South America. I love ROMANCING THE STONE - I feel the casting throughout was perfect, I have mad love for Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas in this - and at the time, I wanted it to be a THIN MAN length series. I wanted them to be making the further adventures of these two on a yearly basis.
If you were to take the premise of a romance author being shipped a map to treasure to exchange for her sister's life, only to run into an adventurer scoundrel... Who would you want in the leads? Who to direct? Let's dream and nightmare on this one...
Now this isn't particularly new news. In digging, back around 5 years ago FOX hired Daniel McDermott (EAGLE EYE) The script was allegedly handed in last year... but I haven't heard a peep about it. Only attached producer at this state is Emma Watts, who was a production exec on I, ROBOT, AVATAR and TOOTH FAIRY. And upon the yet unmade BATTLE ANGEL. I've no idea what that may mean, other than the use of CG being likely to inhance the story somehow. Or not at all. I'm gonna continue to dig on this as I'm now really curious to find out what's going on on this... Afer all, Zemeckis doesn't know... Hmmmm....
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts