The New Terminator Flick Gets Some Unexpected Writers
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm not going to jump to judgment on Deadline's recent scoop on the progress of Annapurna's Terminator flick they've been developing. Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) isn't the person I'd first picture writing the new Terminator film, but when James Cameron made the first Terminator his big claim to fame was that he kind of a little bit directed Piranha 2.
According to Deadline's story Lussier will write the new Terminator flick with Laeta Kalogridis who wrote and produced Shutter Island, produced Avatar (there's that Cameron connection) and also penned Cameron's unmade Battle Angel. Lussier was developing an original sci-fi project with Megan Ellison at Annapurna and it seems likely that he did such a good job on that one that they went ahead and gave him the Terminator gig.
More power to them. Megan Ellison is super smart and doesn't seem to be in the business of just cranking out product. She's using her production company to take risks, so they've earned a little respect from me at least. We'll see how this develops... As long as shit like this doesn't happen in the new Terminator movie, we'll be okay...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 196 total posts 20 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 56 total posts 12 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 161 total posts 11 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 75 total posts 9 posts
- The New WOLVERINE Trailer Brings Forth More Jean Grey!! -- 221 total posts 6 posts
- So where is FAST AND FURIOUS 7 going to take place!?! -- 53 total posts 4 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 136 total posts 4 posts
- Has STAR WARS EPISODE VII Landed Its First Non-OT Cast Member? -- 507 total posts 2 posts
- What is PACIFIC RIM's "Drift Space"? Find out in this Featurette! -- 112 total posts 2 posts
Returns To 24!! -- 10 total posts 2 posts