AICN Exclusive: Your first look at Mondo's newest posters for JAWS and E.T.!!!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Oh boy oh boy oh boy. Mondo has had the Jaws license for a while now I keep bugging Justin and his team about when they’re going to finally pump some Jaws posters out. My raging impatience has paid off!
Tomorrow, January 17th, Mondo will be offering up two posters for sale. One will be Mike Mitchell’s E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial poster and the other will be Laurent Durieux’s Jaws poster, both of which you get to see below in an Ain’t It Cool Exclusive.
Now, the Jaws poster is less striking visually than the gorgeous ET poster, but for Jaws nerds like me it’s crack cocaine. I love that it looks like a travel poster that only has subtle references to the film and to the shark itself (look to the orange and yellow beach umbrella if you miss it). Check ‘em out:
That ET poster is marvelous. Somewhere Nordling’s jaw just dropped and a tear fell from his eye and he doesn’t know why.
Did you spot all the easter eggs in the Jaws poster? Pippet makes an appearance, Chief Brody’s car, the Brody children, Alex Kitner’s raft… Beautiful. I want a full Robert Shaw in the ultimate badass Quint fighting the shark pose next, okay, Mondo?
Mondo will release both of these posters tomorrow at a random time. Make sure to follow Mondo’s Twitter @MondoNews to be alerted to the exact time they go on sale. Mike Mitchell’s ET is 36X24, has an edition of 475 and will cost $45, Laurent Durieux’s Jaws is 24X36, has an edition of 525 and costs $60.
Good luck on snagging one. Keep your eye on the Mondo Twitter account and let the waiting game begin!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 135 total posts 135 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 251 total posts 120 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 148 total posts 113 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 114 total posts 42 posts
- A New Scene From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 35 total posts 35 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 84 total posts 25 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 89 total posts 23 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 97 total posts 21 posts