The third season will bring back detectives Linden and Holder, but not Darren Richmond and the Larsens. The third season will focus on an old case unrelated to the Rosie Larsen murder.
AMC AND FOX TELEVISION STUDIOS
PARTNER ON “THE KILLING” SEASON THREE
New York, NY – January 15, 2013 – AMC and Fox Television Studios (FTVS) announced today a new deal which will return “The Killing” to AMC for a third season. As part of the deal, Veena Sud returns as executive producer, writer and showrunner along with actors Mireille Enos (Sarah Linden) and Joel Kinnaman (Stephen Holder). Season three will focus on a new case, which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes. Production on season three begins February 25th in Vancouver.
“‘The Killing’ from day one has been a truly original take on the crime drama. Veena Sud and the rest of the talented creative team are hard at work shaping the lives of Linden and Holder, portrayed by the terrific Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman," said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president. "We're so pleased to welcome back 'The Killing' for another season."
Fox TV Studios President, David Madden, said, “We have always believed in 'The Killing' and remain extremely proud of it, which is why we all worked so hard to find a scenario that could give it new life.”
“I couldn’t be happier to know that I will be returning to work with AMC, FTVS and Mireille and Joel on what is and has always been a passion project for me. To the fans that have supported the series, thank you for doing so. My team and I will work hard to deliver the best story that we can for season three,” said Veena Sud.
A year after closing the Rosie Larsen case, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.
“The Killing” is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen for Bondesen Productions. Kristen Campo serves as co-executive producer.
The series premiered on AMC Sunday, April 3, 2011, with season two premiering Sunday, April 1, 2012. The Killing averaged 1.9 million viewers over the 2 seasons.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JAMES GANDOLFINI 1961-2013 -- 236 total posts 83 posts
- Ages And Genders!! Casting Breakdown For Seven Characters Headed For J.J. Abrams’ STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?? -- 317 total posts 56 posts
- Mary Jane Watson is NOT going to be a part of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 297 total posts 35 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1930 total posts 19 posts
- Harry discusses his PACIFIC RIM set visit!!! Lots of images & textual drooling! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- A New KICK-ASS 2 International Poster!! -- 68 total posts 16 posts
- A Few Nice "Making Of' Pics From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 144 total posts 14 posts
- Trailer for the Michael Cera Drug-Fueled Roadtrip CRYSTAL FAIRY!!! -- 62 total posts 14 posts
- NOWHERE BOY director Sam Taylor-Johnson signs on to 50 SHADES OF GREY!! -- 58 total posts 12 posts
- ‘It’s The Least Of Your Problems!!’ Hercules Has Seen Tonight’s Big HANNIBAL Finale!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts