The third season will bring back detectives Linden and Holder, but not Darren Richmond and the Larsens. The third season will focus on an old case unrelated to the Rosie Larsen murder.
AMC AND FOX TELEVISION STUDIOS
PARTNER ON “THE KILLING” SEASON THREE
New York, NY – January 15, 2013 – AMC and Fox Television Studios (FTVS) announced today a new deal which will return “The Killing” to AMC for a third season. As part of the deal, Veena Sud returns as executive producer, writer and showrunner along with actors Mireille Enos (Sarah Linden) and Joel Kinnaman (Stephen Holder). Season three will focus on a new case, which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes. Production on season three begins February 25th in Vancouver.
“‘The Killing’ from day one has been a truly original take on the crime drama. Veena Sud and the rest of the talented creative team are hard at work shaping the lives of Linden and Holder, portrayed by the terrific Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman," said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president. "We're so pleased to welcome back 'The Killing' for another season."
Fox TV Studios President, David Madden, said, “We have always believed in 'The Killing' and remain extremely proud of it, which is why we all worked so hard to find a scenario that could give it new life.”
“I couldn’t be happier to know that I will be returning to work with AMC, FTVS and Mireille and Joel on what is and has always been a passion project for me. To the fans that have supported the series, thank you for doing so. My team and I will work hard to deliver the best story that we can for season three,” said Veena Sud.
A year after closing the Rosie Larsen case, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.
“The Killing” is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen for Bondesen Productions. Kristen Campo serves as co-executive producer.
The series premiered on AMC Sunday, April 3, 2011, with season two premiering Sunday, April 1, 2012. The Killing averaged 1.9 million viewers over the 2 seasons.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- Learn What Happens Next On HBO’s GAME OF THRONES!! -- 130 total posts 54 posts
- All 13 Season-Six Episodes Of CLONE WARS Land On Netflix!! Joan Jett On LETTERMAN!! Kenan Thompson On MEYERS!! TRAIN YOUR DRAGON On FX DOWNLOAD!! New HANNIBAL, FIVE-0, GRIMM, BLOODS, LAST MAN, NEIGHBORS, ELISTED, HOPE, BANSHEE, TREEHOUSE, GOLD & SMACKDOWN!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 86 total posts 52 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 253 total posts 49 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 52 total posts 35 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 27 total posts 27 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- Lena Dunham Hosts SNL!! Sagan COSMOS Marathon On NGC!! New UNIVERSE, OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE & BLACK SAILS!! SWAMP PAWN, RAISING WHITLEY, SCORNED, COPS & CRAZY HEARTS Finales!! Hallmark’s A RING BY SPRING!! Lifetime’s A TRIP TO BOUNTIFUL!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 23 posts
- Karen Gillan has Night Terrors in this First OCULUS Clip! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- New Trailer for Jim Jarmusch's ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE! -- 19 total posts 19 posts