The third season will bring back detectives Linden and Holder, but not Darren Richmond and the Larsens. The third season will focus on an old case unrelated to the Rosie Larsen murder.
AMC AND FOX TELEVISION STUDIOS
PARTNER ON “THE KILLING” SEASON THREE
New York, NY – January 15, 2013 – AMC and Fox Television Studios (FTVS) announced today a new deal which will return “The Killing” to AMC for a third season. As part of the deal, Veena Sud returns as executive producer, writer and showrunner along with actors Mireille Enos (Sarah Linden) and Joel Kinnaman (Stephen Holder). Season three will focus on a new case, which will be resolved over the course of 12 episodes. Production on season three begins February 25th in Vancouver.
“‘The Killing’ from day one has been a truly original take on the crime drama. Veena Sud and the rest of the talented creative team are hard at work shaping the lives of Linden and Holder, portrayed by the terrific Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman," said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president. "We're so pleased to welcome back 'The Killing' for another season."
Fox TV Studios President, David Madden, said, “We have always believed in 'The Killing' and remain extremely proud of it, which is why we all worked so hard to find a scenario that could give it new life.”
“I couldn’t be happier to know that I will be returning to work with AMC, FTVS and Mireille and Joel on what is and has always been a passion project for me. To the fans that have supported the series, thank you for doing so. My team and I will work hard to deliver the best story that we can for season three,” said Veena Sud.
A year after closing the Rosie Larsen case, Sarah Linden is no longer a detective. But when her ex-partner Stephen Holder's search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden, she is drawn back into the life she thought she'd left behind.
“The Killing” is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen for Bondesen Productions. Kristen Campo serves as co-executive producer.
The series premiered on AMC Sunday, April 3, 2011, with season two premiering Sunday, April 1, 2012. The Killing averaged 1.9 million viewers over the 2 seasons.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 342 total posts 214 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 304 total posts 93 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 574 total posts 52 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 65 total posts 52 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 47 total posts 34 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 50 total posts 31 posts