Timur Bekmambetov goes from presidential vampire hunters to air pirates with HEATSEEKERS
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Looks like Timur Bekmambetov is following up his ridiculous, yet entertaining Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter with a man-vs-air-pirates dogfight flick HEATSEEKERS, according to Borys Kit's Heat Vision blog.
Bekmambetov's got an eye for insane visuals, but it's pretty well known that Michael Bay's Platinum Dunes chews up and spits out directors. Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are very hands on producers... I'm not sure if Bekmambetov is used to that, but perhaps in his case this might be a good thing. It seems when Timur is focused he turns in better work. I like Wanted a lot, but even his best stuff is all over the map. If he can have that insane visual eye focused properly there's a rather large chance he'll turn out something great.
I don't know much about Heatseekers other than it's about an ex-military pilot who goes after a bunch of air pirates and started as a spec script by George Mahaffey. F. Scott Frazer has also been brought on board to do a pass on the script.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 98 total posts 14 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 45 total posts 3 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 83 total posts 2 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 12 total posts 2 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 176 total posts 1 post