Louis C.K. In David O. Russell's Next Picture?? Looks Like It!!
The Kidd here...
I can go either way when it comes to David O. Russell. I think he's quite the intriguing filmmaker, and I've really dug a few of his films (FLIRTING WITH DISASTER, THREE KINGS, parts of THE FIGHTER), while others I could seriously do without (I HEART HUCKABEES, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK). But I'm all about the comedy of Louis C.K. He remains one of the few comics who insists on pushing the envelope, even as we enter into this era where everything is recorded and people wind up offended at those things said on-stage outside the context of a stand-up club. And, as far as his FX show LOUIE... you want to have a discussion about what might be the funniest thing on TV...? That show absolutely has to be in the discussion.
So with word that Louis C.K. is now in talks to join David O. Russell's next project, the former AMERICAN BULLSHIT, I've suddenly got some interest in a Russell picture right off the bat. According to The Hollywood Reporter, C.K., who recently starred in Woody Allen's BLUE JASMINE, would be playing an FBI agent, among a cast that includes Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams. The film revolves around Mel Weinberg, a con man who cooperated with the FBI in a wide-spanning corruption case.
Well, we can only hope C.K.'s portrayal of law enforcement goes a little better than this...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts