Louis C.K. In David O. Russell's Next Picture?? Looks Like It!!
The Kidd here...
I can go either way when it comes to David O. Russell. I think he's quite the intriguing filmmaker, and I've really dug a few of his films (FLIRTING WITH DISASTER, THREE KINGS, parts of THE FIGHTER), while others I could seriously do without (I HEART HUCKABEES, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK). But I'm all about the comedy of Louis C.K. He remains one of the few comics who insists on pushing the envelope, even as we enter into this era where everything is recorded and people wind up offended at those things said on-stage outside the context of a stand-up club. And, as far as his FX show LOUIE... you want to have a discussion about what might be the funniest thing on TV...? That show absolutely has to be in the discussion.
So with word that Louis C.K. is now in talks to join David O. Russell's next project, the former AMERICAN BULLSHIT, I've suddenly got some interest in a Russell picture right off the bat. According to The Hollywood Reporter, C.K., who recently starred in Woody Allen's BLUE JASMINE, would be playing an FBI agent, among a cast that includes Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams. The film revolves around Mel Weinberg, a con man who cooperated with the FBI in a wide-spanning corruption case.
Well, we can only hope C.K.'s portrayal of law enforcement goes a little better than this...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts