Louis C.K. In David O. Russell's Next Picture?? Looks Like It!!
The Kidd here...
I can go either way when it comes to David O. Russell. I think he's quite the intriguing filmmaker, and I've really dug a few of his films (FLIRTING WITH DISASTER, THREE KINGS, parts of THE FIGHTER), while others I could seriously do without (I HEART HUCKABEES, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK). But I'm all about the comedy of Louis C.K. He remains one of the few comics who insists on pushing the envelope, even as we enter into this era where everything is recorded and people wind up offended at those things said on-stage outside the context of a stand-up club. And, as far as his FX show LOUIE... you want to have a discussion about what might be the funniest thing on TV...? That show absolutely has to be in the discussion.
So with word that Louis C.K. is now in talks to join David O. Russell's next project, the former AMERICAN BULLSHIT, I've suddenly got some interest in a Russell picture right off the bat. According to The Hollywood Reporter, C.K., who recently starred in Woody Allen's BLUE JASMINE, would be playing an FBI agent, among a cast that includes Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Jeremy Renner and Amy Adams. The film revolves around Mel Weinberg, a con man who cooperated with the FBI in a wide-spanning corruption case.
Well, we can only hope C.K.'s portrayal of law enforcement goes a little better than this...
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 224 total posts 200 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 262 total posts 158 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 522 total posts 132 posts
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 112 total posts 112 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 703 total posts 101 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 114 total posts 68 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 53 total posts 52 posts
- The Girls Come Out To Play In Red-Band Comic Con Trailer For SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! -- 102 total posts 43 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 107 total posts 43 posts