Obama’s White House rejects petition to build a Death Star, says why spend tax-payer money on a project that can be destroyed by a one-man ship?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. You read that right. The White House today responded to a petition that that demanded resources and funding be secured to finance the construction of a Death Star by 2016.
You see, American citizens have a constitutional right to petition our government and with the internet it’s easier than ever. All you have to do is go to whitehouse.gov, sign up and you’re on your way to starting an official petition. The White House is obligated to respond if a petition reaches a certain amount of verified signatures, usually 25,000.
So, somebody petitioned the Obama Administration to build a Death Star and that petition got nearly 35,000 signatures, so the White Issued a response, from Paul Shawcross, chief of the White House Office of Management and Budget’s science and space branch.
I could run down how awesome and nerdy this petition is, but why don’t you read it for yourself:
I love the reference to NASA’s Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Office (aka C3PO), the constant right on references to Star Wars and the fairly common sense political responses, like “The Administration does not support blowing up planets.”
But fine, I guess we can’t spend $850,000,000,000,000,000 on a Death Star because of Obamacare. Great. Obama’s America, I’m tellin’ you.
Plus, I think it’s rigged. Can’t quite put my finger on why, but something tells me President Obama might be more of a Trekkie…
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 382 total posts 42 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 39 total posts 39 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 70 total posts 38 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 168 total posts 20 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 15 total posts 9 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 84 total posts 8 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 218 total posts 6 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 27 total posts 6 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 98 total posts 5 posts