Obama’s White House rejects petition to build a Death Star, says why spend tax-payer money on a project that can be destroyed by a one-man ship?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. You read that right. The White House today responded to a petition that that demanded resources and funding be secured to finance the construction of a Death Star by 2016.
You see, American citizens have a constitutional right to petition our government and with the internet it’s easier than ever. All you have to do is go to whitehouse.gov, sign up and you’re on your way to starting an official petition. The White House is obligated to respond if a petition reaches a certain amount of verified signatures, usually 25,000.
So, somebody petitioned the Obama Administration to build a Death Star and that petition got nearly 35,000 signatures, so the White Issued a response, from Paul Shawcross, chief of the White House Office of Management and Budget’s science and space branch.
I could run down how awesome and nerdy this petition is, but why don’t you read it for yourself:
I love the reference to NASA’s Commercial Crew and Cargo Program Office (aka C3PO), the constant right on references to Star Wars and the fairly common sense political responses, like “The Administration does not support blowing up planets.”
But fine, I guess we can’t spend $850,000,000,000,000,000 on a Death Star because of Obamacare. Great. Obama’s America, I’m tellin’ you.
Plus, I think it’s rigged. Can’t quite put my finger on why, but something tells me President Obama might be more of a Trekkie…
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 211 total posts 211 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 228 total posts 119 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 246 total posts 118 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 205 total posts 40 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 178 total posts 19 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 127 total posts 17 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 36 total posts 13 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 396 total posts 10 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 104 total posts 7 posts