GALACTICA’s Ronald D. Moore Writing George Lucas’ Live-Action STAR WARS Series??
George Lucas announced in 2011 that 50 scripts had been written for his proposed live-action “Star Wars” TV series – the one set between “Revenge of the Sith” and “A New Hope” - but he never revealed who had written those scripts.
But news has emerged from ABC’s Television Critics Association event in this regard. From Entertainment Weekly:
The project was commissioned by longtime Lucasfilm producer Rick McCallum, who enlisted writers such as Battlestar Galactica‘s Ron Moore and swore them to NDA secrecy on the plot details.
Amazing news, especially since EW speculates that ABC parent Disney’s acquisition of Lucasfilm has brought a live-action “Star Wars” TV series closer to reality:
The Star Wars show was budgeted at more than $5 million per episode and Lucasfilm wanted to retain ownership. But now Disney has purchased Lucasfilm for $4 billion and Disney owns more than a couple TV networks. The financials for a big-budget TV show are more compelling if the license fee and other income sources stay in the family.
Finally, EW offered new details on the series’ premise and characters:
Sources say the live-action series centers on the story of rival families struggling over the control of the seedy underside of the Star Wars universe and the people who live within the subterranean level and air shafts of the metropolis planet Coruscant (the Empire’s urban-sprawl-covered home planet). A bounty hunter may be the main character.
I’m not sure I’d be this excited about the adventures of the people who live in Coruscant’s air shafts had Moore not been recruited to write them.
Moore, who got his start in TV on “Star Trek: The Next Generation” and “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” went to serve as showrunner on HBO’s “Carnivale” before he masterminded the 2003-2009 “Galactica” reboot. He also co-wrote the acclaimed feature “Star Trek: First Contact.”
Find EW’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 109 total posts 84 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 81 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 550 total posts 27 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 160 total posts 17 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 171 total posts 14 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 99 total posts 9 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 353 total posts 6 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 61 total posts 5 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 23 total posts 3 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 2 total posts 2 posts