The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s battery has run out, but its memory lives on.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture.
You know what? Small Soldiers is kind of great. I remember a lot of people scratched their heads at it when it came out, even some long-time Joe Dante fan friends. But I stand by my adoration of that movie.
Not only does it feature Phil Hartman’s last film performance (and it’s a good one! “I think World War II was my favorite war…”), it has a darkly funny streak a mile wide. Nobody combines dark comedy and family film quite like Joe Dante and Small Soldiers might not be Gremlins amazing, but it’s damn good nonetheless.
I mean, the movie has Barbies trying to rip Kirsten Dunst’s head off. Case closed your honor. No need for the jury to retire, the verdict is: This Movie Is Awesome.
To celebrate just how damn good it is, I figured a nice BTS shot of the effects crew bringing Chip Hazard to life would be just fine and dandy. I especially like how happy they all look. Those smiles represent the joy of being paid to still be a kid playing with toys. Thanks to Dimitar Dimitrov and the PEG for this one. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow I go hang out with Arnold Schwarzenegger… well, by “hang out” I mean, go to a movie theater, watch his new movie and see him talk, like, 20 feet away. But still. It’s exciting and I’m going to celebrate it with a rather awesome Schwarzenegger BTS pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Wanna hear the least annoying sound in the world? Repeat after me: Universal picks up DUMB AND DUMBER TO!! -- 75 total posts 20 posts
- PROMETHEUS 2 now has a writer!!! -- 655 total posts 16 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST: The @$$Holes take stabs at MAN OF STEEL, plus a review of Scott Snyder’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! -- 21 total posts 14 posts
- WWZ blah-ditty, blah, blah, blah! AICN HORROR’s got a truly unique zombie film you should check out instead called THE BATTERY! -- 17 total posts 12 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1860 total posts 9 posts
- UPDATED WITH POSTER!! GO BUY SOME LEGOS, KIDS a.k.a. THE LEGO MOVIE stacks up a trailer!! -- 65 total posts 8 posts
- ICEBERG SLIM: PORTRAIT OF A PIMP has a trailer to tantalize your interests -- 25 total posts 8 posts
- Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!! -- 88 total posts 7 posts
- Ryan Reynolds No Longer the HIGHLANDER -- 324 total posts 4 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of WORLD WAR Z!! -- 221 total posts 4 posts