The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s battery has run out, but its memory lives on.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture.
You know what? Small Soldiers is kind of great. I remember a lot of people scratched their heads at it when it came out, even some long-time Joe Dante fan friends. But I stand by my adoration of that movie.
Not only does it feature Phil Hartman’s last film performance (and it’s a good one! “I think World War II was my favorite war…”), it has a darkly funny streak a mile wide. Nobody combines dark comedy and family film quite like Joe Dante and Small Soldiers might not be Gremlins amazing, but it’s damn good nonetheless.
I mean, the movie has Barbies trying to rip Kirsten Dunst’s head off. Case closed your honor. No need for the jury to retire, the verdict is: This Movie Is Awesome.
To celebrate just how damn good it is, I figured a nice BTS shot of the effects crew bringing Chip Hazard to life would be just fine and dandy. I especially like how happy they all look. Those smiles represent the joy of being paid to still be a kid playing with toys. Thanks to Dimitar Dimitrov and the PEG for this one. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow I go hang out with Arnold Schwarzenegger… well, by “hang out” I mean, go to a movie theater, watch his new movie and see him talk, like, 20 feet away. But still. It’s exciting and I’m going to celebrate it with a rather awesome Schwarzenegger BTS pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 209 total posts 78 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 84 total posts 49 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 97 total posts 25 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 81 total posts 22 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 90 total posts 14 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 79 total posts 13 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 131 total posts 13 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 12 total posts 12 posts