The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s battery has run out, but its memory lives on.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture.
You know what? Small Soldiers is kind of great. I remember a lot of people scratched their heads at it when it came out, even some long-time Joe Dante fan friends. But I stand by my adoration of that movie.
Not only does it feature Phil Hartman’s last film performance (and it’s a good one! “I think World War II was my favorite war…”), it has a darkly funny streak a mile wide. Nobody combines dark comedy and family film quite like Joe Dante and Small Soldiers might not be Gremlins amazing, but it’s damn good nonetheless.
I mean, the movie has Barbies trying to rip Kirsten Dunst’s head off. Case closed your honor. No need for the jury to retire, the verdict is: This Movie Is Awesome.
To celebrate just how damn good it is, I figured a nice BTS shot of the effects crew bringing Chip Hazard to life would be just fine and dandy. I especially like how happy they all look. Those smiles represent the joy of being paid to still be a kid playing with toys. Thanks to Dimitar Dimitrov and the PEG for this one. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow I go hang out with Arnold Schwarzenegger… well, by “hang out” I mean, go to a movie theater, watch his new movie and see him talk, like, 20 feet away. But still. It’s exciting and I’m going to celebrate it with a rather awesome Schwarzenegger BTS pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- That rumor about Sony selling SPIDER-MAN? Don't you believe it for a second! -- 382 total posts 206 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 159 total posts 159 posts
- The METALLICA THROUGH THE NEVER Teaser! -- 178 total posts 112 posts
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 777 total posts 105 posts
- Holy Crossover!! Magneto’s Boy Quicksilver To Be In Whedon’s AVENGERS 2 And Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST?? -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- Next on the Reboot assemblyline? TIMECOP!! -- 138 total posts 94 posts
- Sandler, Piss, Barf, And Hayek Grace The New GROWN UPS 2 Trailer!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Seems Coppola Is Gearing Up For A New Italian-American Epic!? -- 63 total posts 63 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 203 total posts 53 posts
- Green-Band and Red-Band trailers for the new Jason Sudeikis & Jennifer Aniston VACATION ripoff, WE'RE THE MILLERS are here!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts