The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s battery has run out, but its memory lives on.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture.
You know what? Small Soldiers is kind of great. I remember a lot of people scratched their heads at it when it came out, even some long-time Joe Dante fan friends. But I stand by my adoration of that movie.
Not only does it feature Phil Hartman’s last film performance (and it’s a good one! “I think World War II was my favorite war…”), it has a darkly funny streak a mile wide. Nobody combines dark comedy and family film quite like Joe Dante and Small Soldiers might not be Gremlins amazing, but it’s damn good nonetheless.
I mean, the movie has Barbies trying to rip Kirsten Dunst’s head off. Case closed your honor. No need for the jury to retire, the verdict is: This Movie Is Awesome.
To celebrate just how damn good it is, I figured a nice BTS shot of the effects crew bringing Chip Hazard to life would be just fine and dandy. I especially like how happy they all look. Those smiles represent the joy of being paid to still be a kid playing with toys. Thanks to Dimitar Dimitrov and the PEG for this one. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow I go hang out with Arnold Schwarzenegger… well, by “hang out” I mean, go to a movie theater, watch his new movie and see him talk, like, 20 feet away. But still. It’s exciting and I’m going to celebrate it with a rather awesome Schwarzenegger BTS pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Beware Epileptics - we have a new motion poster for the upcoming remake of CARRIE! -- 74 total posts 14 posts
- Capone believes that FAST & FURIOUS 6 is the best in a bizarre, crowded franchise!!! -- 79 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard thinks that HANGOVER: PART III was a paycheck grab for a buncha people who are already rich!! -- 212 total posts 12 posts
- John Ary's Video Review Of THE HANGOVER PART III!! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- Spoilery early review of MAN OF STEEL!! -- 423 total posts 5 posts
- Who is set to acquire the troubled indie Western, JANE GOT A GUN!?! -- 41 total posts 5 posts
- Here's An AICN Exclusive Clip Of A BAND CALLED DEATH! -- 17 total posts 4 posts
- Capone makes the case that THE HANGOVER PART III is neither a comedy nor a movie!!! -- 63 total posts 4 posts
- New trailer for Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara's upcoming western, AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS!! -- 45 total posts 4 posts
- Tom Cruise Won’t Go Solo For MAN FROM UNCLE!! -- 116 total posts 3 posts