The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day’s battery has run out, but its memory lives on.
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture.
You know what? Small Soldiers is kind of great. I remember a lot of people scratched their heads at it when it came out, even some long-time Joe Dante fan friends. But I stand by my adoration of that movie.
Not only does it feature Phil Hartman’s last film performance (and it’s a good one! “I think World War II was my favorite war…”), it has a darkly funny streak a mile wide. Nobody combines dark comedy and family film quite like Joe Dante and Small Soldiers might not be Gremlins amazing, but it’s damn good nonetheless.
I mean, the movie has Barbies trying to rip Kirsten Dunst’s head off. Case closed your honor. No need for the jury to retire, the verdict is: This Movie Is Awesome.
To celebrate just how damn good it is, I figured a nice BTS shot of the effects crew bringing Chip Hazard to life would be just fine and dandy. I especially like how happy they all look. Those smiles represent the joy of being paid to still be a kid playing with toys. Thanks to Dimitar Dimitrov and the PEG for this one. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow I go hang out with Arnold Schwarzenegger… well, by “hang out” I mean, go to a movie theater, watch his new movie and see him talk, like, 20 feet away. But still. It’s exciting and I’m going to celebrate it with a rather awesome Schwarzenegger BTS pic.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts