Kind of non-news, but guess who is in the running for the lead in Godzilla?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I almost didn't write anything about this because it's not really news, but then I said "fuck it, I like to post non-news, too."
Legendary's Godzilla reboot has been making headlines recently and that's a good thing. The trailer they showed at Comic-Con was, frankly, fawesome (that's fucking and awesome mashed together). We know some producers are being booted off, we know Frank Darabont is doing a rewrite and we know the studio is confident enough to set a production start date in March of this year.
The non-news is basically that Godzilla doesn't have a (non-lizard) lead yet. Deadline reports that Kick-Ass himself, Mr. Aaron Johnson, is who the studio (and I assume director Gareth Edwards) wants. He's a damn good actor. That'd be great news if they were negotiating or if a contract had been drawn up at all.
Johnson is apparently interested, but won't commit until he reads Darabont's draft, so everybody's in a holding pattern.
So, interesting, but nothing solid. Having good actors is always a plus, but at the end of the day, this flick will be about Big Green.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 168 total posts 8 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 52 total posts 3 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 498 total posts 2 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 128 total posts 2 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 57 total posts 2 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 31 total posts 1 post