Kind of non-news, but guess who is in the running for the lead in Godzilla?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I almost didn't write anything about this because it's not really news, but then I said "fuck it, I like to post non-news, too."
Legendary's Godzilla reboot has been making headlines recently and that's a good thing. The trailer they showed at Comic-Con was, frankly, fawesome (that's fucking and awesome mashed together). We know some producers are being booted off, we know Frank Darabont is doing a rewrite and we know the studio is confident enough to set a production start date in March of this year.
The non-news is basically that Godzilla doesn't have a (non-lizard) lead yet. Deadline reports that Kick-Ass himself, Mr. Aaron Johnson, is who the studio (and I assume director Gareth Edwards) wants. He's a damn good actor. That'd be great news if they were negotiating or if a contract had been drawn up at all.
Johnson is apparently interested, but won't commit until he reads Darabont's draft, so everybody's in a holding pattern.
So, interesting, but nothing solid. Having good actors is always a plus, but at the end of the day, this flick will be about Big Green.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 280 total posts 84 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 126 total posts 31 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 92 total posts 15 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 626 total posts 14 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 70 total posts 11 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 81 total posts 6 posts
- A New Trailer For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE!! -- 64 total posts 5 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 18 total posts 3 posts
- Hercules Says The Prognosis For Fox’s New GLEE-ish Hospital Hourlong RED BAND SOCIETY Is Not Very Good At All!! -- 8 total posts 2 posts