Kind of non-news, but guess who is in the running for the lead in Godzilla?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I almost didn't write anything about this because it's not really news, but then I said "fuck it, I like to post non-news, too."
Legendary's Godzilla reboot has been making headlines recently and that's a good thing. The trailer they showed at Comic-Con was, frankly, fawesome (that's fucking and awesome mashed together). We know some producers are being booted off, we know Frank Darabont is doing a rewrite and we know the studio is confident enough to set a production start date in March of this year.
The non-news is basically that Godzilla doesn't have a (non-lizard) lead yet. Deadline reports that Kick-Ass himself, Mr. Aaron Johnson, is who the studio (and I assume director Gareth Edwards) wants. He's a damn good actor. That'd be great news if they were negotiating or if a contract had been drawn up at all.
Johnson is apparently interested, but won't commit until he reads Darabont's draft, so everybody's in a holding pattern.
So, interesting, but nothing solid. Having good actors is always a plus, but at the end of the day, this flick will be about Big Green.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Trailer for LEGENDS OF OZ: DOROTHY'S RETURN! -- 91 total posts 17 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 568 total posts 11 posts
- The Trailer For The Wachowskis' JUPITER ASCENDING! -- 317 total posts 7 posts
- Nordling Recaps BNAT 15! -- 194 total posts 5 posts
- A sequel to JACK REACHER is on the way! -- 198 total posts 5 posts