Give The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day the amulet, you BITCH!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture. I’m stupidly sick. I either caught this awful cold from a sick friend at a recent birthday party or the Deadites from the Evil Dead Remake/reboot/maybe-sequel infected my sinuses as I was writing up that massive set report. Either way, I’ve been bed-ridden like a lazy Bucket grandparent for the last 12 hours, but I had to crawl out to share this awesome BTS shot from one of my all time favorite movies.
Night of the Creeps is great, but Fred Dekker’s follow up is on another level. The Monster Squad is just as important to me as Goonies is to most kids my age. It has that same sense of fun, epic adventure and camaraderie that Goonies does… but with monsters. They have one Sloth, us Monster Squad devotees have Tom Noonan Frankenstein plus Creature (called Gill Man for rights reasons), Mummy, Drac and the Wolf Man!
The legendary and sorely missed Stan Winston led his team to create some amazing monsters for The Monster Squad and this photo comes from The Stan Winston School (via thehorrorchick.blogspot), which allows those interested in practical effects to learn from the masters who worked on all the films you loved growing up. I see they have a video up now with Shannon Shea, who is not only one of the coolest dudes ever, he helped build your childhood. The man helped build the Predator suit, folks.
That’s a great service and not too expensive if you think you have what it takes to join up and learn how to really make the magic of the movies come to life. Make sure to visit them at their site to learn more.
Maybe some day you could create something as awesome as the Gill Man suit featured today lifting up an old friend out of the bog. We miss you, Stan! Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s pic is perhaps the most awesome BTS pic for a Hitchcock movie that doesn’t feature the cherubic director.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sweet knights of Colombus!! A new trailer for ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES has been unleashed!! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- Wanna hear the least annoying sound in the world? Repeat after me: Universal picks up DUMB AND DUMBER TO!! -- 96 total posts 41 posts
- Harry's 25th Picks & Peeks of 2013!!! With THINGS TO COME, OCTAMAN, Bette Davis, STOKER, HOWLING, LIFEFORCE & more! -- 259 total posts 39 posts
- PROMETHEUS 2 now has a writer!!! -- 676 total posts 37 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST: The @$$Holes take stabs at MAN OF STEEL, plus a review of Scott Snyder’s SUPERMAN UNCHAINED! -- 43 total posts 36 posts
- UPDATED WITH POSTER!! GO BUY SOME LEGOS, KIDS a.k.a. THE LEGO MOVIE stacks up a trailer!! -- 90 total posts 33 posts
- Father Geek says MAN OF STEEL is pretty much the best Superhero Movie ever made and I'm not gonna argue! -- 1884 total posts 33 posts
- Copernicus On The Science Of STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS!! -- 1230 total posts 32 posts
- WWZ blah-ditty, blah, blah, blah! AICN HORROR’s got a truly unique zombie film you should check out instead called THE BATTERY! -- 33 total posts 28 posts
- Vegas gets pwned in this new banner for GODZILLA!! -- 102 total posts 21 posts