Give The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day the amulet, you BITCH!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scene’s Picture. I’m stupidly sick. I either caught this awful cold from a sick friend at a recent birthday party or the Deadites from the Evil Dead Remake/reboot/maybe-sequel infected my sinuses as I was writing up that massive set report. Either way, I’ve been bed-ridden like a lazy Bucket grandparent for the last 12 hours, but I had to crawl out to share this awesome BTS shot from one of my all time favorite movies.
Night of the Creeps is great, but Fred Dekker’s follow up is on another level. The Monster Squad is just as important to me as Goonies is to most kids my age. It has that same sense of fun, epic adventure and camaraderie that Goonies does… but with monsters. They have one Sloth, us Monster Squad devotees have Tom Noonan Frankenstein plus Creature (called Gill Man for rights reasons), Mummy, Drac and the Wolf Man!
The legendary and sorely missed Stan Winston led his team to create some amazing monsters for The Monster Squad and this photo comes from The Stan Winston School (via thehorrorchick.blogspot), which allows those interested in practical effects to learn from the masters who worked on all the films you loved growing up. I see they have a video up now with Shannon Shea, who is not only one of the coolest dudes ever, he helped build your childhood. The man helped build the Predator suit, folks.
That’s a great service and not too expensive if you think you have what it takes to join up and learn how to really make the magic of the movies come to life. Make sure to visit them at their site to learn more.
Maybe some day you could create something as awesome as the Gill Man suit featured today lifting up an old friend out of the bog. We miss you, Stan! Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Tomorrow’s pic is perhaps the most awesome BTS pic for a Hitchcock movie that doesn’t feature the cherubic director.
I’ve got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here to visit Page One and Click here to visit Page Two
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 161 total posts 24 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 172 total posts 16 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 25 total posts 14 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 54 total posts 13 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 28 total posts 9 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 55 total posts 9 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 22 total posts 8 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 276 total posts 6 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 199 total posts 6 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 118 total posts 3 posts