Miami - This is Your Chance To Catch Up On What You Missed At BNAT!! The Kidd Has Your Tickets To An Advance Screening Of MAMA!!
The Kidd here...
I'm still waiting for a year to be the year I get to make my trek to Austin for my first Butt-Numb-A-Thon experience. I keep hoping every new year will be the one where I get to hang out with my fellow movie lovers and geeks for the occasion of celebrating film (and Harry's birthday, of course), and then it just doesn't seem to come together, and I'm left with "Well, maybe next year..." I'm always curious to find out what I'm missing out on for those 24 hours, what Harry decided to show, both new and old, and this year was no different. I had discussions out at screenings and events with BNAT veterans who tried to make their best guesses to me as to what Harry might have up his sleeve (not that I would have been privy to that information anyway). The mystery of what might be unleashed is just one of those aspects that make the event so great.
This year, MAMA was one of the new surprises Harry brought out, and, from those I've spoken to who were in attendance, they had pretty positive things to say about the film... and I believe them. I mean, it's got Jessica Chastain in it. Enough said. Someone try to show me a bad film she's done, and I'll show you a liar. Effective horror seems to be the vibe being put out there, which works for me, as there's so few of those out there for consumption.
So, for all of us down in the South Florida area who missed out on Butt-Numb-A-Thon and the chance to see MAMA then, it's time to play a little bit of catch-up, as I've got your opportunity to see MAMA now. I've got 25 pairs of tickets to an advance screening of MAMA on Tuesday, January 15, at 7:00 p.m. at the AMC Sunset Place 24 in South Miami, and they're yours for the taking.
Answer the following question - What is your favorite movie in which moms play a pretty crucial role, and why? - in 100 words or less.
Send that in with your name in the body of an email to Contests@AintItCool.com with the following subject line exactly (in all CAPS):
I'll take the worthy entries as they come in and reward those individuals with tickets to the screening until I'm all out. Then winners will be emailed and posted up on the site.
Just make sure you have everything I'm asking for, or your entry won't count... and you can only enter once. Duplicate entries will both get tossed.
This screening is a bit earlier than usual, so, if you're not sure if you're going to be able to make early enough to get in, it's quite simple - don't enter.
If you don't think you can get out of work early enough, or if you have class, homework, chores, scheduled surgery, an unreliable car, prior engagements or previous commitments that may prevent you from attending this screening, don't try to win only to let these seats go to waste. We've been having far too many no-shows lately, so if you decide you're not going to go in the event you do win tickets, don't worry about playing again in the future. You're going on my Black List forever and ever.
Thanks to Universal Pictures for setting this up with us, and good luck to you all.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A biker gang, Gipsy Danger, and now Charlie Hunnam will command the KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND RABLE as King Arthur! -- 103 total posts 51 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 138 total posts 31 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 69 total posts 17 posts
- Warner Bros. is moving quickly on getting the Looney Tunes characters and ACME back on the big screen! -- 69 total posts 16 posts
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 351 total posts 15 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 248 total posts 11 posts
- Two Clips From DOCTOR WHO S08E02: ‘Into the Dalek’!! -- 32 total posts 10 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 62 total posts 9 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 276 total posts 8 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 462 total posts 8 posts