JUAN OF THE DEAD nominated for prestigious Goya Award!!!
"Monty Cristo" here.
Oh my Elder Gods do I love the new posting interface and comment system.
News broke today that writer/director Alejandro Brugués' Juan of the Dead has been nominated for the Best Latin American Film award at Spain's equivalent of the Oscars. This is HUGE for Cuba's first-ever zombie movie and for Alejandro, a geek like all of us who has been ravenously feasting on sites like AICN for years.
I wish they'd put the fucking movie on Blu-ray, but oh well.
If you haven't seen Juan of the Dead (Juan de los Muertos), here's a few ways to watch it:
Netflix (free for subscribers)
US R1 DVD ($9.99 on Amazon)
UK R2 DVD (15.99 GBP on Amazon UK)
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 234 total posts 234 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 282 total posts 127 posts
- Behold The Cool(ish) IMAX Poster For DRACULA UNTOLD!! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- A New Poster For Christopher Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR!! -- 113 total posts 113 posts
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 199 total posts 84 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 73 total posts 42 posts
- Promo Images From DOCTOR WHO S08E05 - ‘Time Heist’!! -- 41 total posts 41 posts
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 124 total posts 40 posts
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1790 total posts 37 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 119 total posts 37 posts