JUAN OF THE DEAD nominated for prestigious Goya Award!!!
"Monty Cristo" here.
Oh my Elder Gods do I love the new posting interface and comment system.
News broke today that writer/director Alejandro Brugués' Juan of the Dead has been nominated for the Best Latin American Film award at Spain's equivalent of the Oscars. This is HUGE for Cuba's first-ever zombie movie and for Alejandro, a geek like all of us who has been ravenously feasting on sites like AICN for years.
I wish they'd put the fucking movie on Blu-ray, but oh well.
If you haven't seen Juan of the Dead (Juan de los Muertos), here's a few ways to watch it:
Netflix (free for subscribers)
US R1 DVD ($9.99 on Amazon)
UK R2 DVD (15.99 GBP on Amazon UK)
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 138 total posts 8 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 82 total posts 5 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 397 total posts 5 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 73 total posts 5 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 106 total posts 5 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 33 total posts 4 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 68 total posts 4 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 10 total posts 3 posts