Josh Brolin And Christopher Meloni Take Up Residence In SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!!
The Kidd here...
With SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR all set to come back from its holiday hiatus, expect a rash of casting news to come our way what with business picking up. It started late last night with Joseph Gordon-Levitt coming on-board in what I hear is an "awesome" role, and, with fans getting excited about his involvement, why take your foot off the gas with a couple more cool additions to the sequel.
Today we get word that Josh Brolin has signed on to play Dwight, the role originated by Clive Owen in the first film. Chronologically, the "A Dame To Kill For" story comes before "The Big Fat Kill" arc of SIN CITY, which will explain how Dwight's appearance could change so drastically. That also leaves the door open for Owen to still make an appearance towards the end of A DAME TO KILL FOR, in order to tie the films together. This time, Dwight is hunted by the only woman he's ever loved and watches his life turn to shit through the course of the tale. The role of Ava remains uncast, although Angelina Jolie's name topped Robert Rodriguez's wishlist for some time. Whether or not she'll come available to make it work is still up in the air. Rachel Weisz's name has also floating around the part as a potential second option.
Merloni, on the other hand, is set to play a cop, via Deadline, which in Sin City means he's most likely one shady dude. (Is there anyone who lives in that world that isn't dirty in some aspect of their life?) I haven't heard which storyline he'll be a part of thus far, but you've got to hand it to Rodriguez and Frank Miller. They've once again put together quite the cast to bring this seedy place to life.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 136 total posts 22 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 174 total posts 19 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 48 total posts 17 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 123 total posts 13 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 55 total posts 12 posts
- New Poster for V/H/S: VIRAL!!! -- 23 total posts 6 posts
- Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett to take on I SAW THE DEVIL REMAKE!!!!!!!! -- 48 total posts 4 posts
- Look Upon The Bizarre, Horrible, And Possibly Awesome Insanity Of This DEAD SNOW 2 Trailer!! -- 53 total posts 4 posts
- Kelvington Says Tonight’s DOCTOR WHO Is A Perfect Episode – Were It Not For The Episode’s Foreshadowing!! -- 155 total posts 4 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 86 total posts 4 posts