AICN presents THE LAST STAND with Arnold Schwarzenegger live at the Alamo Drafthouse Slaughter in Austin 1/11/13!!! Wanna come?
Hey folks, Harry here... I've had the opportunity to sit down and converse with Arnold Schwarzenegger a couple of times... but I'll never forget being a teenager and watching Arnold & Ann Richards at Palmer Auditorium leading about a zillion kids in a series of exercises. That was eons ago, but now AICN and Lionsgate are presenting a very special evening at The Alamo Drafthouse on Slaughter Lane! Arnold is coming for a Q&A - and this is crazy awesome. Alamo Slaughter is a very intimate, but awesome theater. From the man-eating plants that threaten you in the lobby to the literal tons of 35mm prints that are stored there... but I do feel that this will be the coolest thing that I've yet done in this location - and I can't wait. I went to the set of THE LAST STAND last year - and saw quite a bit of footage that was roughly assembled. First thing I noticed was the awesome cast... On screen you'll see Arnold performing in his big return vehicle with folks like Harry Dean Stanton, Peter Stormare & Forest Whitaker. The lovely Lady Sif, Jaimie Alexander joins the mayhem. Then you have Johnny Knoxville and LUIS GUZMAN having a blast - actually multiple blasts - there's a lot of blasts in this. And last, but certainly not least - we have the great Eduardo Noriega!!! So yeah, cool. However, the aspect that has me most excited to be seeing this film is the movie's director, Jee-Woon Kim. You know his work Austin! Jee-Woon Kim is a Fantastic Fest fave with his flicks like A TALE OF TWO SISTERS, A BITTERSWEET LIFE, THE GOOD THE BAD THE WEIRD, I SAW THE DEVIL and DOOMSDAY BOOK. Now we get to discover his first English language film. THE LAST STAND is more THE GOOD THE BAD THE WEIRD than any of those others, but damn if I'm not excited as hell to see Arnold for a full feature!!!
OK - so how do you get to be in a 134 seat room for this amazingly awesome evening?
Look no further.
I need y'all to work for this. By work for this - I want to see you pumped up. I want to see you sweat a little. Give me your best Arnold impersonation. That's right - you send in a photo of you attempting to look your fittest - and don't worry about your definition... I'm not one to judge that - but show me your Arnold fandom. Send your photo to:
hk at aintitcool.com with this exact subject line:
ARNOLD IS BACK & I HAVE TO BE THERE!!!
In the body of your email, attach the photo and if you feel like sharing what Arnold means to you - well, it can't hurt. Also include your FULL NAME and the FULL NAME of your guest (singular). That's right, each submission is good for 2!
The screening will take place January 11th, 2013 at the Alamo Drafthouse on Slaughter Lane at 7:30pm!!!
I'll email you if you win. I expect a large amount of submissions - and I expect to have a shit ton of fun at this screening, so come on. Give it your best shot! He's BACK!!!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- New MAN OF STEEL trailer makes me happy that Superman has severe red eye!!! -- 574 total posts 474 posts
- Steven Spielberg to produce a live action Halo series for Microsoft! -- 198 total posts 113 posts
- Yo Listen Up Here's A Story About A Little Guy That Lives In A Blue World... -- 104 total posts 104 posts
- So is JURASSIC PARK IV a remake or a reboot? Sam Neill thinks he has the answer! -- 199 total posts 89 posts
- Microsoft's Reveal Of The Next XBOX Is Upon Us, And Streaming Here!! -- 384 total posts 74 posts
- Harry dives into STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS' spoilers to reveal the truth behind the blockbuster we're seeing! -- 1339 total posts 58 posts
- Behold A Very Fun Trailer For Edgar Wright's THE WORLD'S END!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- What is PACIFIC RIM's "Drift Space"? Find out in this Featurette! -- 103 total posts 52 posts
- We have some new details on the POLTERGEIST remake/reboot/sequel!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Nordling Reviews FAST AND FURIOUS 6! -- 45 total posts 45 posts