"You Don't Look Like A Lawyer" - The New Trailer For A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD Explodes Onto The Internet!!
The Kidd here...
We're just a little over a month away from John McClane's return to being the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time with A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, this time pairing up with his son Jack (as played by Jai Courtney) to take down some Russians who are into all kinds of bad things. That brings one more trailer for the 5th flick in the DIE HARD franchise to our doorstep, and, from the looks of it, what you thought of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD may just influence your take on this one, as it appears to be a bit more of the same, action-wise.
The one thing that did grab me from this trailer - and I'll be curious to see how much they expand on it in the film - is the pride John McClane has for his son and what he's chosen to do with his life. His kid is working to stop bad guys, because if he doesn't, maybe no one else will... values that his dad clearly held throughout the series... that would have been instilled by example. But, furthermore, he's taken it to the next level. He didn't just stop at being a cop (not that there is anything wrong with such a respectable position). However, he may have a bit more going for him that he can work in the higher levels of law enforcement and intelligence to stop bigger villains with worse motives on grander scales.
We already know the action is going to be there, even if this trailer feels like a condensed version of the movie already. But that relationship clicking between Willis and Courtney really may just be the difference between this being a solid DIE HARD and one too many.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 394 total posts 138 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 75 total posts 75 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 265 total posts 72 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 87 total posts 57 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 98 total posts 52 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 146 total posts 51 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 70 total posts 42 posts