"You Don't Look Like A Lawyer" - The New Trailer For A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD Explodes Onto The Internet!!
The Kidd here...
We're just a little over a month away from John McClane's return to being the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time with A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD, this time pairing up with his son Jack (as played by Jai Courtney) to take down some Russians who are into all kinds of bad things. That brings one more trailer for the 5th flick in the DIE HARD franchise to our doorstep, and, from the looks of it, what you thought of LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD may just influence your take on this one, as it appears to be a bit more of the same, action-wise.
The one thing that did grab me from this trailer - and I'll be curious to see how much they expand on it in the film - is the pride John McClane has for his son and what he's chosen to do with his life. His kid is working to stop bad guys, because if he doesn't, maybe no one else will... values that his dad clearly held throughout the series... that would have been instilled by example. But, furthermore, he's taken it to the next level. He didn't just stop at being a cop (not that there is anything wrong with such a respectable position). However, he may have a bit more going for him that he can work in the higher levels of law enforcement and intelligence to stop bigger villains with worse motives on grander scales.
We already know the action is going to be there, even if this trailer feels like a condensed version of the movie already. But that relationship clicking between Willis and Courtney really may just be the difference between this being a solid DIE HARD and one too many.
"The Infamous Billy The Kidd"
Follow me on Twitter.
Like me on Facebook.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 550 total posts 10 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 165 total posts 7 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 113 total posts 5 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 145 total posts 4 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 70 total posts 4 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 331 total posts 4 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 52 total posts 3 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- "What will you do when you find your father?" "I'm going to kill him." Teaser trailer for NED RIFLE, "the third and final chapter of HENRY FOOL"! -- 16 total posts 2 posts
- Exclusive MATADOR Clip!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, SWAP, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, & PAINS!! LITTLE WOMEN LA Finale!! Howard Stern’s TALENT!! Richard Linklater On THE DAILY SHOW!! Max Brooks On TAVIS!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 10 total posts 2 posts