David Lynch Did Not Pitch A Third Season Of TWIN PEAKS To NBC!!
UPDATE: NBC denies anyone pitched the network a "Twin Peaks" revival. From Rob Owen of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
Today at the TV critics press tour, I asked NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke to confirm or debunk the report.
"I actually called every person [in NBC's programming ranks]: [NBC chairman] Bob [Greenblatt] didn't get a call or meet nor did the head of our drama division," Salke said.
Find the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s story on the matter here.
Apparently someone somewhere posted something Monday morning. This anonymous individual claims he sat in on a meeting in which David Lynch pitched a third season of “Twin Peaks” to NBC.
The story Lynch allegedly offered involves a modern-day female reporter investigating the evil, toothpaste-squeezing, mirror-smashing Killer Bob-possessed FBI special agent Dale Cooper we saw in the final minutes of the series’ second season on ABC.
Apparently this imposter Cooper went on a “rampage” and killed a pair of (so far unspecified) Twin Peaks residents and has for decades been locked away in prison.
The post alleges Lynch wants “most” of the cast back.
The post begins, “No one will believe me.” Anybody have David Lynch’s phone number?
Find an image of the anonymous poster’s post here.
Find Blastr’s story on the matter here.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 103 total posts 26 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 510 total posts 13 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts