Houston! Want To See LAWRENCE OF ARABIA How It Was Meant To Be Seen? Ticket Giveaway!
If "nothing is written," as LAWRENCE OF ARABIA suggests, there must be an exception that proves the rule, and surely it is written that David Lean's classic is truly one of the greatest films of all time. The Blu-Ray box set that came out this year was worth every penny. When my friend Robert Saucedo, one of the programmers at the Houston Alamo Drafthouse asked me to present LAWRENCE as one of its Big-Screen Classics, there was no way I could pass it up. I've never seen LAWRENCE OF ARABIA on the big screen. I've seen it many times at home, but even the biggest television cannot suffice for the splendor on display in this film.
It's my great honor to be introducing LAWRENCE OF ARABIA on January 11th, at the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are still available, but I'm giving away two pairs myself. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA will be presented in 4K Digital (sadly, the Houston Drafthouse isn't equipped with 70MM projectors, but I'm certain this will look amazing nonetheless). If you're interested in trying to win a pair of tickets, email me at email@example.com with the heading NO PRISONERS! for your shot at seeing this wonderful movie for free (food not included) at the wonderful Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park.
I hope to see you there, and I can't wait to finally see the raid on Aqaba on a movie screen. It's going to be fun.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 394 total posts 138 posts
- BBCA Brings Forth New Images From 'The Time of the Doctor' - Matt Smith's Final Episode Of DOCTOR WHO!! -- 122 total posts 122 posts
- Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But... -- 103 total posts 103 posts
- First Images from Wally Pfister's TRANSCENDENCE! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Here's A Motion Comic Set Up For I, FRANKENSTEIN!! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 265 total posts 72 posts
- Butters-centric SOUTH PARK Season Finale!! Final Wednesday SURVIVOR!! The Final CSI, MINDS, ARROW & TOMORROW PEOPLE Of 2013!! New MOB, MODERN, MIDDLE, NASHVILLE, SING OFF, BURNING LOVE, GIRL CODE, AHS, X, SOUP, PICKERS!! Whitford On KIMMEL!! Cumberbatch & Takei On CONAN!! Herc’s Wednesday TV Talkback!! -- 88 total posts 58 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 149 total posts 54 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 98 total posts 52 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 70 total posts 42 posts