Houston! Want To See LAWRENCE OF ARABIA How It Was Meant To Be Seen? Ticket Giveaway!
If "nothing is written," as LAWRENCE OF ARABIA suggests, there must be an exception that proves the rule, and surely it is written that David Lean's classic is truly one of the greatest films of all time. The Blu-Ray box set that came out this year was worth every penny. When my friend Robert Saucedo, one of the programmers at the Houston Alamo Drafthouse asked me to present LAWRENCE as one of its Big-Screen Classics, there was no way I could pass it up. I've never seen LAWRENCE OF ARABIA on the big screen. I've seen it many times at home, but even the biggest television cannot suffice for the splendor on display in this film.
It's my great honor to be introducing LAWRENCE OF ARABIA on January 11th, at the Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park. Tickets are still available, but I'm giving away two pairs myself. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA will be presented in 4K Digital (sadly, the Houston Drafthouse isn't equipped with 70MM projectors, but I'm certain this will look amazing nonetheless). If you're interested in trying to win a pair of tickets, email me at email@example.com with the heading NO PRISONERS! for your shot at seeing this wonderful movie for free (food not included) at the wonderful Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park.
I hope to see you there, and I can't wait to finally see the raid on Aqaba on a movie screen. It's going to be fun.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts